xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

High Pitched Ringtone Unaudible by most adults.

I read about a ring tone that's so high pitched, most adults can't hear it. I was shocked I could hear it, it was almost unaudible. But I suppose the use for this is so you can text in class without getting caught *tsk tsk*It's a very low hum sound with random bleeps in it. You need to have your computer volume on max to hear it.I though this was pretty interesting, but don't get any ideas here!Comments anyone?

lol I heard it just fine with the level half way. I guess it probably would sound different on the phone itself depending on what level volume it had. It sort of vibrated my ears a bit and made them feel funny. lol They will make anything just to make a few bucks even if kids will get in trouble at school for it. I have my phone on silent so it vibrates when I get a call or whatever and that seems to work fine for me if I do recieve a text in class. (no it's not that often)

The "mosquito" ring tone is what they call it.

It's really fun to play with those high frequencies because as you get older, your ability to hear those super high frequencies deteriorates. Unless, of course you're a dog.

Me and my friends were playing with a frequency generator last week, seeing where our cut offs were. And true enough, the older ones in the group couldn't hear the higher frequencies (around 19,000 hz).try it for yourself... http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This makes for a good ringtone, but just be careful you don't have a young teacher. I heard a story of a young teacher hearing it instantly much to the amazement of her class who were used to old farts with bad hearing...

This is thanks to those spekaers they put up in shopping centres here in the UK, playing a really high pitched whine to deter anybody under around 25 from the shopping centre. Where they trialled it, the shops complained, the residents complained, and the shoppers complained, so obviously the council rolled it out across all shopping areas. A few people at my school use this as their ringtone, and luckily most of the teachers can't hear it, or if they can hear it faintly they presume it's one of the computers and ignore it!

Mosquito RingtoneHigh Pitched Ringtone

Thanks for the providing good information - this is really helpful information about Ringtones.

I found another good one that helped me find a great website for Mosquito Ringtone

-reply by alina