xisto Community
cgrim29588

How Many Of You Have A Job?

I'm curious...how many have a job? and, if yes, what is it? and, are a student, too? or just a worker? and, if this ain't too...personal, what's your wage? I can't quite work coz of my studies...i'm going to college so that I can get a asscoitate degree in business and majoring in Digital Arts-T.V Video Production, Graphics, Stuff like that. I think of what i'll earn when i'll get to work after I finish college...hm, and it kinda frightens me...What about you?

Well I did landscaping starting when I was 13 making $7 an hour working over the summer and sometimes after school but after this past summer (I'm 15 now) I pretty much stopped working because now that school started again I have no transportation because it was my friend's dad and he would drive me but now he is in college while I'm still in high school. I am currently trying to find another job but it seems for everything you have to be atleast 16 years old even for the simplest places like the Dollar General and the places that hire 15 year olds aren't hiring at the moment.

I am a full time designer for a fairly big graphics house/signwriting company during the week, & at weekends I do door security for a couple of nightclubs in the city.

You guys (gals) are making $15.00 per hour for your first jobs?My first job was at 85 cents per hour. Yes. I am that old...

I'm working for my school, fixing computers. They give me a G3 Laptop and 8.20 an hour. :] I enjoy it, until I have to fix a mean teachers computer. Then they just make things difficult.

lucky dogs making 15 an hour, what/who are you working for... wish i made that much in my first job..my first job was working at my Jr High school during the summer fixing computers, and fax machines, and copiers that the ignorant teachers broke.. and i was only making minimum wage for california which is 6.75 i wanna move to washington where minimum wage is 7.50 or somwhere around that...but when i get done with college, i wont have to worry about min wage, just the 40-50 an hour i will be making, then on the side maybe graphics and a hosting company :D but i must plan for that.

lol Ya I wish I could make that much money. I was happy just to make $7 an hour while my older brother made minimum wage at Mc. Donalds minus taxes. lol I hope to find a job doing data entry or something for an office or medical clinic on the weekends. It seems people belive 15 year olds aren't mature enough to have jobs but really the only ones looking for jobs at 15 are mature. lol or are said to be :D

i have a job as lifeguardn which im thinkn of ending because its been a *BLEEP* for me...soo boring but the pay is good...i already have another place i can apply to...theyve asked me to work there..its a gymnastics center that im tryin to get to in a daily basis to practice my own acrobatic stuff so hopefully everything works out n that i wont have to go bak to lifeguardn

Currently i am a student at the University of Delaware. As for a job i have / had numerous ones. Over the summer I had an internship with an internation chemical company doing IT for them which was crazy fun. Also, i worked giving tours at my school and i do the website for a local bar / restaurant. Now that school is back in session, i currently am only doing the website but will be starting to give tours soon again. Both are fun and pay for beer / pizza and any other activities i do at college.

Nice to see a lot of working teenagers here.I am a Telecom engineer and recently got job in a Government Telecom Company and will be joining from 18th Sep.Well I will not be paid in dollars but in Indian currency (Rupees) and it will be around 18000 per month (equivalent to 400$, if 1$= 45 Rupees) and working time will be from 10AM to 5PM.

well, i do not have a job right now, i need one though as i am planning on going to college. school takes up most of my time anyways. jobs that i have done include being a magician and doing inventory at a car dealership.

Well I did landscaping starting when I was 13 making $7 an hour working over the summer and sometimes after school but after this past summer (I'm 15 now) I pretty much stopped working because now that school started again I have no transportation because it was my friend's dad and he would drive me but now he is in college while I'm still in high school. I am currently trying to find another job but it seems for everything you have to be atleast 16 years old even for the simplest places like the Dollar General and the places that hire 15 year olds aren't hiring at the moment.

I am a full time designer for a fairly big graphics house/signwriting company during the week, & at weekends I do door security for a couple of nightclubs in the city.

Plenoptic-If your are old enough to drive then you should try to get you beginners permit and after you had time to pratice and had your permit long enough then you should get your license, so you can get your self a job.

Mjay06-I'm currently working on creating a new message board system and I'm looking for a graphic designer, so if your interested please let me know.

I once was employed part-time as an all-around student assistant, where the tasks exected of me were quite surprisingly different from the initial job description.After suffering the ripples of its consequences through time, I am once again back in the field. I am still a student, yeah, but I do take short-term freelance Java programming jobs/projects ever and anon. I am better able to manage my time now that I have only three subjects in school :DSalary? I've never had an hour-based wage before. My projects were usually paid an initially price each month. Oh, and I live in the Philippines so please don't bother how much I earn in dollars.

i too, have worked before in my mom's school. my mom's a dean there and i was hired because i'm my boss' friend's son. actually, my boss at that time wanted an employee, but couldn't find one so she asked my mom if i wanted to work for the summer. i accepted the offer and i landed the job of being a computer laboratory assistant. although to my surprise, i was transferred to the encoding group of the enrollment section of their school since it was the start of summer classes back then. it was a difficult task since i had to familiarize myself with the programs they use to encode the subjects. not only that, blending in with the staff is kinda difficult since after all, they look at me as my mom's son. she's well known, so being stuck behind her shadows made it more difficult to work with my officemates.my wage is similar to that of a typical worker. and like salamangkero, i'm also in the philippines. converting the amount to dollars, i'm earning around $6 or something like that per day.