xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BillyLowman365

My Friend Is Having Problems

My best friend has been going out with this guy for almost ten moths and things were going great at first and then things got a little rocky. She gave her whole heart and soul to this guy. Now he is treating her like crap. He does not call her or even attempt to contact her. They are now on the verge of breaking up and if they do it will kill her.

how old is your friend? just so we can gauge her level of maturity in dealing with the situation she is in right now... but methinks that she is mature enough to realize that in any relationship, there is no guarantee that it will last forever. i believe that you being there for her would be very helpful in order for her to cope up more easily. just stay put, lend your shoulders, and listen to her sentiments. perhaps there is nothing more that can be done to salvage the relationship of your friend with her boyfriend; and "it takes two to tango" as the saying goes... so it would be much better for your friend to let go and move on. ask for help among your group of friends as well to be lend their support as she goes over this episode in her life. i would like to think that you're just simply being "figurative" in saying that the impending breakup would "kill her", but to be on the safe (if your friend is harboring suicidal tendencies), advise her family of the situation also so they can be there by her side too to explain that life goes on -- with or without her boyfriend.

Certain guys can get uncomfortable if they realize that the relationship looks like its heading towards total commitment. If that's the case, then there's no amount of argueing or debating it. He just isn't able to return the deep feelings towards your friend right now.

If he is pulling away, the best thing for her is to let go. You can't make someone stay. Also, if it will really kill her then she needs to get out of a relationship period until she can believe in herself. If you need someone else to "complete" you, then you do NOT need to be in a relationship. You will only set yourself up for pain and drain the other person.

Its tough, but the best thing for your friend these first few relationships is to get used to heartbreak: Both recieving it and giving it. As long as they don't do anything foolish like get pregnant, get raped, catch an STD, or in some other get in to some other sort of life altering trouble, this is good practice.They shouldn't take anything too seriously until later in life.

Advice is only going to help her, however she is the only one that is going to solve the problem. If she can stand tall, take back the heart and soul that she 'thinks' she has given up, she can move on.It's not going to be easy wherther she liked him or not. Its just one of those simple facts of life that is going to haapen if it can happen. The only positive solution i can think of out of this is to reunite the relationship.

Yeah if they are on the verge of breakup then the best thing you can do is be there for her. Just some helpful tips is not saying things like "I Know how you feel" because that might just make them angrier. Just try to be there to comfort her. And yeah being young she may not take the breakup nicely but i'm sure she will get over it. Or atleast hopfully.

I agree, the best thing to do is just be there for her. She'll bounce back, most all of us do. If she doesn't realize it, (that it's going to happen), I might suggest telling her what you think is going to happen. Then again, depending on how she reacts with things like this, I may not suggest that. That in itself could turn sour for your friendship. She could end up coming back and saying she's sorry when she finds out that you were right, but that's not always a definate. I don't know exactly what you're asking, but I do suggest what the others have: just be there for her.