xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

20 Million Amd Processors used by the Dell company

According to Digitmes Dell is about to built almost twenty million AMD processors in their notebooks, personal computers and servers between the fourth quarter of this year and the same time in the next year. This would mean that AMD processors will occupy one third of all processors in DELL computers and also enlarged the amount of AMD processors in the entire world market. However, we can ask ourselves if AMD will be able to produce enough processors to cover this heavy demand.

You can find more on the site of the Digitimes.

Greetz

Well if this is true and dell are paying AMD enough then i suppose it could happen. Id still be a bit weary as dell usually use Intel. but hey it would mean the pc's wouild be cheaper.

AMD Processors are faster and cheaper than INTEL Processors, that why poeple in the world are shifting towards AMD.I have one Intel and one AMD Desktop, but personally i like AMD performance, for GRAPHICS and GAMING puurpose.

It's a wonder what big companies will do, just to put 1 dollar more into their pockets... Dell has been known for it's use of Intel processors... Frankly, I don't understand this news, about buying 20M AMD processors... But hey, if Dell's CEO will put 2 USD more in his pocket, for each processor, who am I to argue?I still stand by my oppinion, that AMD is a gaming processor, and Intel is ment for serious work... As it has been proven to me, on several occasions where I had AMD and Intel, doing the same job.. But, I'm about to stray from the topic...We'll se what Dell will do, personaly, I'm against AMD's in Dell...

Yeah I don't know if that is such a good idea. I mean they have worked solely with Intel until now. All of their knowledge base is in Intel. Obviously they can hire people with AMD knowledge but the two procs works so much differently from ech other. I think theses first computers coming out with the AMd processors are going to suck.If I was going to buy one I'd wait until next summer probably.

I dont think thats a good move by dell. People would buy a Dell computer if they 'dont know what they are looking for'. They are probably the cheapest on the market here, New Zealand, and lots of other places as well. I have seen Dell advertising gaming computers but i'd much rather build my own.

Well if its for notebooks, then I dont think it was a really good idea, because intel notebook processors are superior than the Amd processors. Even the Core duo can beat the 64x2 according to test results I have seen. The core duo now costs the same as the 64x2 in most computer shops, and sometimes even cheaper. The core2duo is a little bit more expensive than both, but I really think its worth the cash because it will be more future proof than the others.