xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chatz

Smack Down Vs Raw 2006 (ps2)

For what i've heard and seen this game isnt as good as the previous ones.The game is very much alike the smack down vs raw just with a few extras.Also in this game there isnt many charecters.After a few hours of play a got bored of it, dont know why though.If you are a wresling fan than you should play this game maybe it will amuse you more than it amused meThe graphics of this game seems to have improved once again.Game play is as all just abit faster,the could of done better.There are also a couple of new meter systems. The first is a new way to reward players for playing characters according to their personalities. The wrestler will have a meter that sits beneath his special move meter that will signify what he is--either a good guy or a bad guy. If you're a good guy, you can build this meter up by playing to the crowd, taunting and performing high-risk maneuvers and such. On the flip side, heels are boosted by using weapons, complaining to the ref, using cheap tactics, and just about anything else you can think of to make the crowd hate you. The boon for filling up your meter depends on your personality. Good guys are rewarded with a manner of invincibility that causes your attacks to do more damage and prevents you from being attacked. Heels, on the other hand, are given a special low-blow move that actually does as much damage as your typical finisher. This is an absolutely great way to represent how different types of wrestlers play to the crowd, and it also provides an additional boost of authenticity to the in-ring action.The other new meter is specific to the Royal Rumble match. Essentially, Yuke's has reworked how you throw opponents over the top rope during this match, which is to provide each participant with yet another onscreen meter that displays how close that wrestler is to being tossed. You still pretty much toss opponents over the rope the same way (by Irish whipping them near the ropes), but they won't go out that easy; they'll instead hit the outside apron and you'll have to immediately start striking or grappling with them to push them out. An additional wrestler can even come over and help you try to knock the other one over. Fundamentally, this is a cool idea, but the implementation isn't quite right. For starters, the animation while you're grappling with the guy doesn't look like anything you'd ever see during a real rumble match. Furthermore, with up to six guys in the ring at once, the combination of the life meter and ring-out meter ultimately equates to too many meters on the screen at once, and it becomes very distracting.I will keep playing the game and keeping this topic with updates on the game.

Notice from saint-michael:
change topic topic to reflect on the current gaming industry.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I really like the game. Yes it is similar but it has a lot of new things you can do. But i hate the thing where if the wrestler gets tired you have to hold a button. That just makes the game kind of stupid. Becuase yes it is more relastic but in a game i wouldnt want that type of system.

Probally more for a wrestling fan. The story mode followes a bunch of story lines. It has all the moves your favouirte wrestlers do. But try it out you never know. I really like it but i am a big wrestling fan. But its just your typical fighting games with WWE extras.

I really liked it. Yea it was missing a lot of new characters. But most wwe games are missing a bunch of people. One thing I didn't like was the stamina metre when your superstar is tired. But i really hope there are most wwe stars. I can't wait for Smackdown vs Raw 2007. It is gonna be an amazing game from what i have heard. Looks like the best one ever.