xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Windows Media Player Made My Video Audio Out Of Sync

Ok, well i have been working on this project for about a week now, lol i have like 40 video files that i cut the beginning minute, and last 10 seconds off of the videos. i am using windows movie maker to do this in, and well i just finished cutting all of the files, and i went to play them.... and like the first half is absoloutly fine, but the second half, the audio gets all out of sync with the video it is about a second behind the video. any ideals on how i can fix this? maybe i need to re-encode all of the files again, or somthing else, i dont knowplz help :D

Make sure that your raw data (the file you're editing and cutting) was synch when splicing--meaning when you cut the video make sure the audio is cut as well. Or, make sure when editing you're moving audio and video at the same frame cut.The second issue could be what DogEater008 pointed out. While you're encoding do not run any heavy resouce hungry program(s).Try again and tell us exactly how you were editing.It's also helpful to post what resolution you're compiling, how long is the clip and which format you are importing and exporting.

thanx a bunch for all of your help! i bet buff is getting tired of my video questions :DOk well as i said Im using Windows Movie Maker, and using the "Split" toolWhat im doing: i am taking the first like 40 seconds off of a video clip, and the last 10-15 seconds off of the end of it.How Long the clips are: they are generally around 22-25 minutes longFormat going in: AviFormat coming out: mpeg (i think, i have no ideal whether its 1, 2, 3, or 4 its whatever windows movie maker has as its default saving method)Image: 640x480Bit Rate: 875kbpsumm, i think that covers it all....when i save it i go to File->Save Movie File->Location: My COmputer->FileName 1-31 (depending on which file it is)->place: mydesktop then it goes through thesaving process and it generally took 45-50 minutes a video clip...hmm i do not recall running any heavy programs while i was saving the movie file.... (i dont know if encoding would be the same as saving the movie file, but if it is thats what im doing if not, i dont know what you mean by encoding)edit:i am going through all of the clips and typing up which ones are screwed up, and the first one doesn't seem to be bad at all.. i dont know whats wrong.. lol same with the second one..i just went through and found 10 that are like this... so i tried one out, i closed all apps except the windows movie maker, imported the clip, cut the peices i wanted off, and saved the file, and yet audio stilll messed up,any ideals?

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)