xisto Community
ProtoMan

Can I Play Against My Friend Using A Wireless Adapter If We Are Too Far From Each Other

I have a question about Wireless Adapter and need to ask. If I and my friend live in another side of the earth from each other , can we Net Battle using a Wireless Adapter with A Gameboy Advance and a MegaMan Battle Network 6 game ?What is a wireless adapter ?Hard to explain , but a Wireless Adapter is one thing that allows you to play Gameboy Advance game even if you aren't near each other. Sorry , that is the best I can explain and example , you can stay at home and use a wireless adapter to Net Battle against your friend even if he is staying at his home , tooPlease help me. Thank you.

:D I am sorry but it is way to obvious that you could not be that far from eachother things like that have there limits. What is he moving or something I do not fully understand you umm question.

a wireless adapter or tech lingo wifi connection is used to to connect internet from signals that are spread across other computers, satellites and antenna. You friend can be as far as away as possible as long as you both have a connection to the internet then you will be able to connect to each other 20,000 miles away.But i don't have a gameboy so the wifi connection set up could be different.By try this though ask your friend to be like 1 mile away form you and see if you 2 can connect to each other and see what happens.

Ummm I do not think that any Gameboy has that. I know what he is talking about it is wireless so it is liek this. [] That is the Gameboy []- Plus the wireless thing []- = = = = -[] They connect directly to eachother right? They do not connnect to the internet I think right? I know the PsP does. See the = That is the wireless connection they do not even reach like over a hundred yards right? Or can they connnect to the Web?

Edited by TypoMage (see edit history)

Im fairly sure you cant do this because a wireless connection usually last about 30-50 feet depending on the hardware involved so while its perfectly fine to be in different rooms, or even in the house next door it wouldnt be any good over a distance of say a street. The only way as already said is like this:

your console connects to somethnig called a wireless access point. This then has a connection to the internet. Your friend also connects to a DIFFERENT wireless acess point near him or her. This access point also connects to the internet. And as you are both on the net you can play together. But i dont know which wireless specification the consoles use. because to do what is above you would both need a certain kind of wireless and i dont think the consoles have this specification.they normally use other radio frequences so that they dont get interference. But type the name of your consoles into google and try to find their specification and if both their wireless types/specs are something like "802.11a/b/g" then you can connect using the internet in the way already said. But to do that you will both need an access point and an internet connection. Some places ike cafes and airports have them but otherwise you will have to buy the stuff you need for about ?70 and then pay for the internet also.

I?m not very keen on these things but my main reaction was to think that this must be impossible... to connect console to console from different sides of the earth, as you well said. But anyway, I don?t know really, that?s what my common sense thinks and might be wrong. :D

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

The limit on Game Boy advance's wireless is three metres, so it wouldn't near reach.You'd be better off using the Nintendo DS - that can reach up to 30 metres, AND connect to wireless internet for longer distance.

No no no no no. Unless you have a sat linkup with your mate on the otherside of the world it will be impossible your network card for your Gameboy would go out of range after about 150m. try pluging a modem into ech gameboy cand connet it to an online gameserver then you will be albe to play.

you can link the game boy wifi to the internet making possible for you to do but it takes a while to set up i'll post the link when i can find it again. or you could use an emulator and both upload your game data and play using the internet on the emu this may be easyer.