xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zetasextantis

Portal - Valve's New First-person Puzzler.

If you haven't heard of it then I'll enlighten you. The basic concept is that you have a 'portal gun' which, as the name implies, creates portals which you can instantly travel though. It also has the same functions as the gravity gun from Half-Life. This introduces heaps of new gameplay elements, such as opening a portal over something that is firing at you, and then creating another portal beneath a crate. The crate will then fall through the hole and hit the aggressor.

The game is set in the Half-Life universe, and will be shipped for free along with Half-Life 2: Episode Two.

Here are some videos showing the concept in motion (via YouTube):

Trailer: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Gameplay video: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Personally I think the concept is absolutely amazing. Though it may appear to be ripping off Prey, in actuality Portal has been under construction for quite a long time. Besides, in Portal the game revolves around these holes, whereas in Prey it was more of an add-on. I can't wait to try it out.

That looks like possibly the most origional game concept I have ever seen inm my life, seriously.This is a game that definitely deserves a place on my Christmas list I can tell you that now.

I have to agree it is original in concept, it like a mix of myst for it puzzle's and run of the mil fps game. do you have any idea what game magazines rated this game at all?