xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Is Anyone's First Language Other Than English?

i have to do this project for english, and the basic question that i have is....Who here on Xisto, did not have a first language of english?? if your first language is different thatn english, and you had to learn english PLZ post here, and i will PM you...what will be in the PM is 20 or so questions that i will ask you to answer :Dthey will not be personal, just basic stuff thats not personal for ex: "What did you find the hardest about learning english"keep in mind, Xisto holds my A in their hand :D if i dont get the answers from Xisto member (i only need one) i will fail this project, because i know no one who's first language was other than english. :D so please post if the above is true.

Well, my first language is Hindi and I had to learn English, but actually I didn't face any grave difficulties but I would be lying to say that didn't face any difficulties while learning English.I learnt it at the age of I think 3 or 5 and now I speak English better than Hindi. I guess this is because all of the studies are based on English anyways. :D

Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

My first language IS Spanish. I'm living in Mexico and I had to learn english... well, i still need to learn how to hear and speak it correctly but oh well people can understand me :D but i guess spanish will be always my language of every day.

My first language is luxembourgish and I learned german and french before learning english, so basically english is only my 4th language (5th really since I also had some latin but I suck at that). I didn't find it too hard to learn but then it is pretty close to german and luxembourgish.

My first language is Hindi and second one is English than third is Bangla(Bangladesh's Official Language).I usually don't speak English, but use it in writting, because the place where I live in doesn't have too many English knowing people. I have started learning english at the age of 4-5 when I got admitted in a english-medium school.Waiting to get your questionnaire, it will be interesting to give the answers (I guess) :D

my first language is hindi..did my schooling through english school so dont actually face any problem speaking ansd writting it.

Heh... interesting. :/ I live in a country where there's a common language other than English, but surprisingly... my first language is English. My dad spoke to me in English since I was a baby. I was surrounded by English literature since the beginning. I learned Tagalog easily anyway... well... I live here... it shouldn't be hard to pick it up from everyday life, is it? Not to mention the mass media...

well my first language was german as i was born there and lived there for 3 years but then i moved to england and can talk english as well as any English person but i can also talk fluent russian

well my first Laguage isnt Englisch because of this and because iam not good in learning Languages my english is verry bad(i hope when iam posting often in this forum its getting a little better) my mother Tounge is German but when iam honest my German wrighting isnt much better than my English writing at school my English grades are even better then my German my 3rd language is Latin wich i was forced to learn at school and my latin is much worse than my english so i hope everybody can imagine how worse my latin is after 3 years of learnign latin i only could 40 words and i never Understood Grammatick lol i hope you can understand what i did wrote

My first lang is Afrikaans, well for those who dont know its a lang in south africa.... and if you want to ask... there is no lions runing wild in our citties lol.well, it wasnt so hard to learn it realy, just the spelling of words...

allright everyone, thanx for telling me all this :D yesterday after noon i sent a PM to all of the people who posted so far, so i think i will get all of the info i need from those, thanx anyways!!

FIRST LANGUAGE! SINDHIIs Anyone's First Language Other Than English?

hey, I am raised here in Canada and even by living here my parents taught me Sindhi our Family Language I am very fluent in Sindhi and English... Well as you need a person that want to learn English... I can pretend I don't know English Like THis :-

"I was raise in Canada and by live here my parents teach me Sindhi my family " LOOOOOOOOOOOL 

What if I speak that English in front of my friends ; O_O OMG I CANT IMAGING ! I WOULD **** 

-reply by Moazzam