xisto Community
hype

Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 Better than Beta 1

Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 is out! I've tried it and it works like wonders! Lots of bug fixed and significant changes in those graphics and now it really looks great! The the same old boring Media Files icon in your folder are no longer the same, and change with a specify nice looking icon! And with the new sharing features which I have not really tried it out yet...

Here's the new release log of Microsoft....

The following list highlights some of the major changes since the first beta release of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP.Fixing issues. Fixes have been made for issues that occurred in the first beta release of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP.
Additional online stores are now available. More online stores are available in this beta release of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP. For a listing of online stores that are now available, see Availability of online stores.
Changes to sharing digital media content. The functionality of Windows Media Connect is now integrated into Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 for Windows XP as the new Media Sharing feature, which lets you enjoy the contents of your Windows Media Player library from anywhere in your home. If you have a home network (wired or wireless), you can use Windows Media Player 11 to stream the contents of your library to networked devices such as Xbox 360 or other digital media receivers. For more information, go to Digital Media at Home.
Note that digital media sharing is targeted for home users; therefore, computers that are joined to a domain might experience issues when trying to share digital media.

I have been using Windows Media Player 11 beta 2 for some time. I love it because its design really rocks. Most of the time, I use it to watch my movie. Like most Windows Live products, it is really very good to use and nice-designed.

Yea, I'm not sure when its out, but I just got them off Microsoft website cause they didnt mention about beta 2 in their homepage until now... And I've found out that if you set Windows Media Player 11 as the default player for your browser, then it'll come out as a totally different interface when viewing videos or listening to music using that WMP!! And the graphics is really great!