xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chatz

4 Different Types Of Love

We often mistake love as generally just being romantic and never really appreciating the other kinds of love that do exist.SECURITY LOVE:This love is the love that everybody needs to survive. It is that feeling of being cared for and nurtured. Some people would describe this as the type of love parents have for their children. This is so important: high on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs; and studies have even proven that people have died of a "broken heart" (there have been no explanations for their deaths other than that).FRIENDSHIP LOVE:This is a love between yourself and someone that is totally honest, open and comfortable. You really only have this kind of bond with a few people. You might know a lot of people and be "friendly" with them in a group situation but they are not the best friends I am talking about here.I have a theory that you can not truely be best friends with a member of the opposite sex. Down the line romance will always come up from either party and feelings will be misinterpreted and mistaken. When this happens, the friendship will change and possibly never be the same again.ROMANTIC LOVE:(The much anticipated love!) Most people experience this type of love many times in their life. It is when you see that person for the first time and he/she makes your knees go weak or gives you butterflies in your stomach.i.e. "Love at first sight?. Most people don?t even love the person they think they are in love with?they fall in love with the idea if being in love. This is more of a lustful kind of love, it wears off after a while and hopefully leads to...UNCONDITIONAL LOVE:This is the sincere love, the love that lasts forever. This kind of love comes when you have found the person you are destined to be with. Nothing can destroy unconditional love. It is like when you have an argument or disagree about something with that person and you realize that it doesn?t bother you because the love you have for him/her overcomes everything.

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE:This is the sincere love, the love that lasts forever. This kind of love comes when you have found the person you are destined to be with. Nothing can destroy unconditional love. It is like when you have an argument or disagree about something with that person and you realize that it doesnt bother you because the love you have for him/her overcomes everything.

Not exactly. Do not assume that love is meant to be reciprocated. Also falling under the category of unconditional love is love that is given but not returned. It may or may not last forever. It may or may not be destroyed. In the event that unreturned love ages, it is more likely that this kind of love will evolve or devolve into one of the other types you mentioned.

Oh, we do have a term for "friendship love", it's called fraternal love. Not to be confused with love between actual siblings, fraternal love is, metaphorically speaking, "brotherly love" or "great solidarity".

I have a theory that you can not truely be best friends with a member of the opposite sex. Down the line romance will always come up from either party and feelings will be misinterpreted and mistaken.

I don't think this is necessarly true. I am a male and the only people I am totally comfortable talking with, totally honest with, and almost totally open (everyone has some stuff they keep to themselves) is my female friend Sam. She is the bestest friend anyone could ask for, and she is the exact same way with me.

I must agree with ghostrider. Two of my best friends are guys, and one of them I have not attraction towards in that way at all. Sure, he's good looking I'll admit, but he's not the type of guy I could fall for like that. He's a really cool guy, and is someone I enjoy being around, but I don't see him in that way and probably won't. I've thought about what it would be like, and we just wouldn't be compatable enough for a working dating relationship. He's my best friend, and that's all he'll be. His type of girls are completely different from me. We've even disgussed this topic before! You can be best friends with someone of the opposite sex and not have those feelings for them, and my mother is a case of which they won't even get together at all somewhere down the line. She had this guy friend, and she never was anything more than best friends with him. The two of them and my father were always hanging out together, and then when he got married, it was the four of them. It's completely possible.

The theory is right.I mean, it's makes sense enough.Although, it seems way too limitted to list only 4 different types of love and expect everything to fit unconditionally into one of those four categories.It's only logical to assume that there are going to be exceptions to every single statement you made.

I think the whole love into 4 different types is alittle to out there. I mean, Love is love, you either have the bond between two people, or you don't.Also people use the word out of context, someone may say i love you, but not mean it excatly, but know what it means. However, people can say it and mean it in the best of ways and live for the rest of thier lives.

I also put love into 2 catagories, now this is like immunity-acquired and natural-the love we have for family is natural, well in the majority of cases it is, their will always be exceptions. the other kind-acquired, the love that we have for friends and partners, it is not naturally there but we aacquire it as we get to know them....thats my take on it anywaycaz

Trying to define

Love is a lot more than a few stages.

Love is what keeps you from giving up, it is what pulls you through the worst, greets you at the opening and puts you to sleep at the end. There are things such as being in love with the IDEA with being in love, but that is not love itself, that is a fantasy.

It can be an act, insult, compliment, a way of doing something...

It is simply a devotion to someone or something with many ways of expression and attitude. I think.

-Hannah

5 different types of love

I think we are all forgetting another type of love. Obsessive love. You cannot deny that this is truly a type of love however not the good kind. I do not believe that being obsessed with someone or something is not a type of love albeit not a type that people want. People who are obsessed have the same types of feelings that these other forms of love bring but with one small difference. When someone is obsessed, they are consumed by these feelings to the point that nothing else matters. It also doesn't require the other person to share the same feelings to exist.

-reply by Bryan

4 Differant types of love

Replying to Chatz

Hey I think that these differant types of love are great. The reason for this is because everyone has differant types of relationships for example we have friends, family and boy/girl friends

If we have differant types of relationships we should have differant types of love after all LOVE is a feeling and we feel differantly in each relationship. We love our family, we love our friends, and we love our boy/girl friends and it would be weird if we loved them all in the same way Right?

Reply to I heared similar types of love that can derived from the bible. Am just wondering if they

Replying to JeuneReplying to Jeune

Hey Jeune,

In the lanugage the Bible was written there are Four whole differant words that are translated to our one word for love, so in the bible when these words are written they are just translated to our one word for love and by this happening some meaning gets lost, the same thing happens with the words frinds and brothers In the lanugage the Bible was written in they only have one word to describe our two words and there are many more examples, so you see it can get confusing when we are trying to figure out which type of love is being referd to and vice versa for when we are trying to figure out if the words brother or frind is being used.

The part in the Bible when it is mentioning a differant type of love Jesus is actually refering to the word we have called Charity, Jesus was talking about how Charity is a Type of LOVE!!

a differant view point on the 4 Types of love

I think that these 4 types of loves are great and I think that the reason why we have differetiated beween them is because we reconise there are differant levels of love and the deeper the level of love the more meaningfull, sincere, deep and long lasting it will be.

-reply by Bec

Question

How can I show deep love to an opposite sex and it will not be misinterpreted for lust. Also how can one show love to an HIV/AIDS CARRIER.

-question by S.O.D Awokoya