xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wappy

My Busy Wap Community Site Suspended

right my wap community site has been suspended, cult.trap17.com. I have been told due to me hosting warez but im sure there was nothing illegal on my site and i have very strict rules clearly on my site stating not to post this stuff. Also 13 members of staff looking out for this. Im sure i know who has said this and its not fair she is a jealous post bumping spammer that is jealous of my site and makes lies against me often. I have lost 600 members, thousands of important posts and all my traffic. I feel so angry i tried so hard and spent so much time coding, helping in forums, and writing rules and finding staff to avoid stuff like this? My last two sites were hacked by similar jealous people and its not right. Please look at the quality of my site and all the rules and pinned rules in the forums. Have a heart and give it back. Im sure i done nothing wrong. If you won't give it back atleast give me a copy of my database please. The girl who sent this rubbish complaint is laugh at me and bragging how she has ruined my site. Please don't do this to me. It was one of the most popular mobile/wap community sites after only a week of installing our new script with many many hits and regular members. Thousands of posts too. I beg you? I done nothing. :D above is a photo of me, and some friends, we are normal and polite people. I feel robbed.

Notice from Dooga:
This site is currently unsuspended as of August 30th. Please note that Xisto is run by humans, and everyone has the ability to negotiate. Remember that negotiation and explainations are sometimes neccessary in solving problems. Xisto will not randomly suspend accounts, nor will Xisto be bias towards a hosted user. Please do not allow this incident to ruin your Xisto experience :D. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry that you have lost your site, but the terms and conditions you agreed whn you took on your hosting stated that you are responsible for everything on your hosting, including the databases. If you provide a way for random people to add content to your site (forums, a comments system, etc) then you are directly held responsible, as if you had posted that information. This highlights the importance of taking regular backups and also keeping a tight check on things. If you ask nicely enough, the admins may give you a copy of your site.Good luck in getting the site back online, and just remember than no matter how many rules you have, they are useless unless the people enforcing them are doing a reliable and fast job of it.

i really think that is sad, i really hope that the admins who ban peoples sites look into the sites records, and site's files and forums to see if these accusations are true, because if they dont i think it is completley sad that they just take the word off of someone who just randomly says "This site has warez n it"..... i would hope that before banning them,they do look into it and see if it is true or false....but like Mjay said, you should still be able to login to your Cpanel, and if you can go into the back-up tool and backup all of your files, as well as your MySql databases and save them to your computer, so if you dont get this fixed and move somewhere else, you should just be able to upload those...like i said, i hope the admins (not meaning the ones just on this site but the xisto admins) actually look into the things like that before they just ban away......

i can't access nothing. And my site was deleted while i sleept. Im very sure there was no illegal files, also me and twelve staff members check it alot. It was the best open source forum project on the mobile internet. If we saw any such files they would be deleted in minutes and the poster banned! I saw none. The fact that a jealous girl is freely admitting to being the informant really bugs me. We exposed her for spamming! Thats why she done it. I have put in massive effort on my site and here! I want my traffic and community back! At least tell me what files were illegal or what i done wrong. Im going to get her back in exactly the same way then, not that it will affect anyone as her site is a ghost town. When your on top jealous people always try and drag you down. Yes i had forums etc but don't we all? What about the software pack that was posted and stayed here for days including cracked ipb vbulletin etc. We delete posts faster than Xisto.com and my site gets suspended. Im one angry and revengefull person now.

I am sorry for you wappy.I hope you make backups from now on, find a backup script, or just make copies of the mysql databases, at least, and also advice to access your ftp account once every week to copy all files to your hard drive, and then record them on a cd or dvd, and you don't need a cd on every backup, you can buy one cd-rw (cd re-write, meaning you can substitue recorded files of the last record.), so like this you won't expend a lot of money on cd's and space on your house or whatever.I feel sorry because it happened the same thing with me, but i had a backup, the problem is that the backup was of 2 weeks ago, before Xisto admin erased my account files, welll, but they are right, they did the right thing with me, in my case, but with your case, it seems that you are not doing anything wrong.Good luck wappy!

That's sad that you site was deleted, I would try to contact one of the admins and see if you can get your site back online and if not then consider finding another host and tell your friends not to get hosting from trap 17 because they delete your site for no reason.

other members, please SUSPEND your comments on this topic until the issue has been sorted out by the admins. you have all been jumping to all sorts of conclusions and ranting about Xisto admins as if they have no consideration whatsoever for a member's hosting account and as if they go on a spree suspending accounts without any valid reason/s.wappy, please wait for an admin to take notice of this thread of yours. don't fret too much, it is already reported for admin attention. and it will be properly addressed by admins in the loop.closed in the meantime, until an admin responds and re-opens it for further discussion.

Suspended member's site was un-suspended with probation period today, 6am GMT-4. Member wappy was told to be patient until full investigation but no, he had to cry, be known and drag Xisto's name down by spreading rumors. This is causing some of other members, including members who posted here to understand it incorrectly and use words falsely.

Before the whole ordeal began, I notified wappy to make sure the index page was fixed so that *any* browser should see at least one normal web page from the day 1 of free web hosting request. That was ignored and still being ignored today. This itself is clear grounds that this account should be terminated today. But I held the judgment until member can make right of this situation. I believe I was very patient with you so far.

"Just install Opera and you can see my site..." is not the term and condition of your hosting. Your condition of our hosting is that you will not use our hosting exclusive to ONE subject matter for example either just hosting files, as a storage... one page must be operation in web content that can be viewed and verified by any browser.

All websites must be in English to qualify for free hosting. We do this to ensure that Accounts are legal and have permissable contents.

The key words are Have Permissable Contents.
You are ultimately responsible for your hosting. If you allow other people to create web hosting/web page under your service and they happen to post or host illegal files, it is you who are going to be suspended. "It's not my fault and I can't watch my site 24/7..." is irrelevant.

I am keep getting twenty or more messages a day or so by other members saying, "well I didn't know the rules." I believe no one really reads anything in our board anymore. I suggest you take things seriously and read the basics first.

The member who gets approved for an account is solely reponsible for his/her content stored on our server in his hosting account.

For those who feel understanding Xisto is proven to be too difficult, I regret that you cannot be hosted with Xisto free web hosting, no ads.

Good luck with your new provider.

LAST and FINAL warning!

Do not play with hosting and take the rules LIGHTLY!

Site Unsuspended!

Continue only if you are sure you can host clean stuff.

Another Complaint.. and your site gets deleted.

We do not entertain ourself by suspending member's sites, but rules are rules. Fair warning is given.

Please enjoy your hosting and share the resources peacefully..

thanks. I didn't mean to break any rules. I didn't mean to spread rumours i just posted this as i was annoyed that i lost so much hard work. Also i was unaware of any such files. The i issue about my index page i don't remember being asked about in the past but i take your word for it, i did before i installed my new script have redirection set up so it takes you to the web version of my site when you hit the index page with a web browser, i have now done this again and it will direct to my under construction web forums. You can also view wap pages on your pc with more than one browser the best being available from http://www.opera.com/. Sorry if i caused a problem =P

wappy, the best thing for you to do right now is to TEST your index page with the most commonly used browsers: FIREFOX & IE. TEST ten times over if the redirection you are claiming will properly work for the aforementioned browsers. at the moment, the redirection you set up seems to be broken, as it simply prompts for a download of the wap index page instead, and no redirection going to your under construction web forums is processed.i understand your insistence on viewing your wap site by OPERA since it will work best with that without any apparent problems. but the admins have already pointed out that for administration purposes, you need to work out the kinks on your site for counter-checking so you don't get permanently suspended.and now that you have regained access to your site after getting a brief suspension, make sure to backup your files and databases regularly if you are keen on not having to lose them again, and permanently, in the future. good luck.

mmm. Thanks for pointing out that it don't work but now im very confused, i will show you the code i use maybe you could tell me where i have gone wrong?

<?php$mywebsite = "/forum";$browser = explode ('/', $HTTP_USER_AGENT);if($browser[0]=="IE" OR $browser[0]=="Go!Zilla" OR $browser[0]=="MSIE" OR $browser[0]=="Netscape" OR $browser[0]=="FireFox"){header ('Location: $mywebsite');}?>
then i just use the include command on my index.php at the top. Do you have any idea why this is not working?

---

i have removed the vault section of my site that used to allow users to input file url's which should help the situation. Also im planning to write some help pages for staff on my site later today so they know exactly what to delete, move, what to ban for etc. I just need a little help with this redirection thing as i was sure that method would work but clearly not.

---

fixed (i think)

Ok i have made a totally new redirection script for my site, it should direct all pc's now to my web forums unless they are using OPERA BROWSER. Can pc users please click here to test it works? You should end up at some very plain phpBB forums. If for any reason you don't end up at the web forums i have made a debugger page, can you please visit the debugger page, and then post the information it gives you here to help me make it work for every browser. Im sure it will work now though on all the commen web browsers. Here is the script:

-i have also writen some very detailed guidelines for the staff on my site and taken some other measures to avoid any problems in the future. I hope this is the end of the matter. Thanks for giving me a chance to fix all this :-)

Edited by wappy (see edit history)