xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Anyone Find Relief In Deep Breathing breathing exercise to relax

Ok, this is just a kind of out of the blue question, but Does anyone BUT ME actually enjoy the feeling of a nice deep but slow breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth of fresh air??because apparently out of all the people i know, i am the only one who finds that calming.....so im just curious, does anyone else here feel the same way? please say yes im begging you! lol

Yup, i do that when ive got alot of assignments or things to do. To be honest i think it helps. It sort of cleans my mind of all the things piled up there and then i can go through them all one by one sorting them out.

finally someone that is as crazy as me agree's with me! lol

that is exactly why i like it.... i have no ideal why, but ill breathe in then on the breath out it seems like all my troubles just flow on out :D of cource...

-does a dance because im not crazy-

lol Youre not crazy! Well atleast i hope not because then i am too :DI find that if ive got a lot on my mind (most of the time lately! darn friends!) then lying in bed and breathing like you said really helps, i usually breathe in through my nose to the slow count of four then out to the same count of four. And foccus on the blackness of my eyelids! Calms me down alot! Also makes it easier to sleep!

Deep breating really helps me calm down and control my anger. It especcally helps after an argument with my mom or when I have a lot of work to do. Its a very calming thing.

like i said, i am glad i am not the only one who thinks that deep breathing does good for yourselves :D@shadowx lol @ laying in a bed, i dont like laying in bed and doing it. i like sitting down, or standing up i dont know why, but it just seems like it flows easier than laying down.. im weird in a way that i can feel a difference between laying down and breathing and standing straight up D:

Unfortunetly my friend breathes deep all the time. It gets pretty annoying sometimes when your trying to concentrate. Its about as loud as you whispering to someone lol. When he has his mp3 player on he breathes twice as loud. Its so annoying but its sorta hard to tell him because he's my good mate.

I also want to tell you that I too am crazy like you. haha... More than 50% of the world population may be crazy if we say that those who actually does deep breathing are crazy people. It is very relaxing to do so. Especially when one becomes very tire. Also, while exercising breathing is very important. The way you breathe can determine how long you can perform certain exercises as well as it can also determine your shape as in Yoga.

It is very relaxing to do so. Especially when one becomes very tire. Also, while exercising breathing is very important. The way you breathe can determine how long you can perform certain exercises as well as it can also determine your shape as in Yoga.

yeah, it is good for determining how long you can exsersize.

you ever notice runners are always checking their pulse and breathing at the same time, basicly they are timing their breathing so they keep a good heart rate so it doesn't over-work its self, my friends always ask me why im not out of breathe when im done running the mile, and i always say, i pace my breathing, and running, my heart may be beating like mad, and i may be sweating like a dog, but i pace my breathing :)

@ panzer, i dont mean deep breathing all the time, maybe that is just somthing that is wrong with him, does he have athsma (spelling)? that could be why.. because i know people who breathe really hard when they are just sitting down because of athsma (spelling), but what im talking about is just a couple of deep breathes in and out..

Ok, this is just a kind of out of the blue question, but
Does anyone BUT ME actually enjoy the feeling of a nice deep but slow breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth of fresh air??

because apparently out of all the people i know, i am the only one who finds that calming.....
so im just curious, does anyone else here feel the same way? please say yes im begging you! lol

I find deep slow breathing enormously benificial. My favorate way to relax is to play the didgeridoo for at least 20 minutes. I have found that learning to play the didgeridoo has the following benefits:
Teaches one breath properly
Strengthens the respiratory system
Helps imensly with snoring
Increases the amount of oxygen in the blood stream (good for mental clarity)
Gives a sense of well being
Helps with insomnia

You can ask any didge player and they will tell you that it playing the didgeridoo makes them feel good. There are also benefits which go way beyond the scope of this post. Other wind instruments also help in similar ways but perhaps to a lesser degree. Any thoughts or experiences on this anyone?

There's a simple deep-breathing exercise that has a very calming effect:Concentrate and focus your whole mind on your breathing. Breathe in deeply, through your nose, in TWO inward breaths, drawing the air down into your stomach. Hold the breath here for two heartbeats.Now breathe out through your mouth, in TWO outward breaths. Your stomach should move when you breathe in this way, not your chest.Do this from ten to fifteen times. This is a form of breathing exercise used at the basic level in many martial arts. If you'd like to enhance it's effect, you can imagine that you're underwater in a calm, calm pool while doing it - Breathing in the calmness, allowing it to spread through your mind and body.

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

of course! i do it most of the time. when i lie in my bed, before i sleep, i do some deep breathing. i also do it to calm myself whenever i'm tense. i also do it when i meditate.

Yes I do that when I am really worried about something. I actually suffer form panic attacks and I normally try and do that when I am having an attack. It is really helpful when I am really nervous about something. I also do it when I am in a test, because it relaxes me so I am more motivated to do the test than I would be otherwise. Yes I just think it is a really good tecnique, I would be quite lost wihout it!lol