xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Student Store

Ok, at my school we have somthing called the student store, and i am partly in charge of it and we want to know what to put in it.. we have an ideal about what to put in the student store but give us what you would want to buy there....

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
It is every member's responsibility to use correct spelling and grammar. Topic title spelling corrected and move to School section. Correct this post's misspellings.
Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Well of course you would want some supplies like pencils, pens, paper, erasers, glue, etc; Have some posters too in case projects come along. Then you could add some school spirit stuff like sweaters or whatever. You would probably want to add something in there non school related to attract people to come in. Maybe sell cookies or drinks of some sort like snow cones if you have a machine. You can also sell stuff for people to get organized. Of course for the stuff other than supplies you wouldn't need much of a stock just sort of a buy on demand thing so you don't overstock things. The supplies though will be needed. I don't really know what else you could do.

lol we thought about school supplies, and thought it wasn't a good ideal, but tomorrow i will be ina larger group of people so i will propose that again and see what people think...i mean, people have to do projects, and maybe they dont feel like going to wallmart to get a poster board so they stop by the student store and pick one up... but the problem is selling it for a reaosnable price... hmm ill look online like at costco and look around there

In my school in college, aside from school supplies they also sell lots of prepaid phone cards for cellphones and also dial-up cards for Internet connection. They sell really well since lots of students have prepaid cellphones. They also sell school merchandize like tshirts, mugs, stickers, etc. Good luck anyways! :D

At ours, we sell school supplies (big market) and freshly warmed cookies (even bigger market!). A school store should be able to provide things that a student wouldn't have access to at home - things that are necessary for school, which is why a lot of us have recommended school supplies. We sell school spirit outside of the school store, at stations in the cafeteria. Since a lot of school spirit stuff is seasonal - and since profit would be slim versus expenses, that's probably not a good investment. You have to be sure of your market first. So yeah. Pencils, pens, paper, the whole shabang.

thank you all for all of your ideals for our student storei dont think we have ever thought about selling school pride stuff, mainly because there isn't much school pride stuff to sell.. i do not believe that we have any t-shirts, or sweatshirts except for the seniors and they order them privatly through the senior advisor at our school...right now, we have a list of 24 things to sell, and they are all drinks, chips, and candy :D :D when we finish working with the excel formula's i think we will be discussing it as a class tomorrow. i will once again suggest selling school supplies. maybe it will be a bit of a big seller, because allot of classes do projects, and we could sell project boards and if a kid is to lazy to go to a store, or ask their parents to go to the store, they can stop by our store the 30 minutes it is open after school.

A few more suggestions you might want to put foward.

Blank CDs - I always need them, no matter where i am. You should include both Re-Writable and Writeable and explain the difference! Some people who arn't computer litterate dont know the difference.

Tennis Balls - Again, like CD's you always need them. Its annoying when you lose them at school and you then have to go to the shop after school and get them.

Clear sleeves They are a different name in every country lol.. Basically a sort of pocket thats see through to hold assignments in.

Neat, I must say. There's one thing I have not noticed suggested yet, though. Notebooks. :D Students always need notebooks and spare paper. Also, calculators are important.Trying to think of what I use... :D Folders, there ya go.Lol, that's all I can think of, but really cool deal, hope it goes well for you. :D

Blank CDs - I always need them, no matter where i am. You should include both Re-Writable and Writeable and explain the difference! Some people who arn't computer litterate dont know the difference.

goood ideal, their cheap... and could even throw in a CD case, :D even if most people now adays have CD's because they burn their own music... lol but there are those few, who will need to save a project, and need one.

Tennis Balls - Again, like CD's you always need them. Its annoying when you lose them at school and you then have to go to the shop after school and get them.

why would you always need a tennis ball?

Clear sleeves They are a different name in every country lol.. Basically a sort of pocket thats see through to hold assignments in.

yeah that would be a good ideal as well, make projects look nice anc neatt.

@sharn thanx, those are now all on the list of school supplies to present thanx :D

Lets see my school store called the C-Store or something. lol whatever that means. They generally have the books downstairs for classes and courses. Upstairs they have cold drinks. They have school clothes like hoodies, caps, shirts, pants, sweats, etc. Than to a side they have school supplies. The usual pens, paper, pencils, erasers, lead for your mechanical pencils, sharpener, stapler, folders, binders, and notebooks. There's thumb drives too for portable storage stuff. They also stock assorted candies. Like gummy worms, etc in those big clear containers and you just pick them out and they weigh them and you pay for it. Junk food like chips would be nice. Look in convience stores like 7 eleven and look around for things to get for the store.Oh and a form of scheduling book. So they can write down assignments.

it would, but concidering that most of the people ont rap17 are students, i could ask them to... just because i didn't post on here what i am doing to come up with the decision on what to sell in the student store doesn't meani am not doing other thingsso if you want a complete readout of what i amd doing here it isi have made surveys (over 2000 of them) and have divided them up o give 30 per class, i have given them to all of the teachers, i have instructed the teachers what to do and they are going to do it monday. come monday all of the surveys will be brought to me in the office at lunch time, the teachers will have tallyed up their class's vote and written it on a peice of paper, i will tally up all of the classes and present that to the classthen i will make a list of all of the things that the students listed under other items to sell. and present that to the class.hmm i think that pretty much covers it all........