xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brautigam

How To Fix Problems With Shareaza ONLY for people to download LEGAL files with.

Can't run shareaza and surf the internet at the same time?

There could be two problems: Your uploads are killing your downloads and/or you are using Windows 95/98/ME.

If you are uploading constantly and havent limited the bandwidth then it is likely that you are killing your download speed which is affecting your ability to surf the web and do other tasks.

If you are uploading lots and download speeds are suffering:

Start Shareaza.

Click on the Tools menu, then click Shareaza Settings.

In the box that just popped up, there is a list of menus on the very left side.

Click on the entry that saiys 'Uploads.'

There is a section called 'Bandwidth.' At the moment, it should read 'MAX KB/S'

Click on the box, clear 'MAX KB/S' and type in a number about 80% of your rated upload bandwidth.

Click apply.

Restart Shareaza.

If you are using Windows 95/98/ME:

Start Shareaza.

Click on the Tools menu.

In the box that just popped up, there is a list of menus to the very left side.

Click on 'Downloads.'

Find the entry that says 'Max Number of Transfers' (or something similar).

Change this value to something smaller, like '4' or '5.'

There is also an entry that says 'Max Number of Transfers per file.'

Change this value to '5' or '10'.

Restart Shareaza.

Solution courtesy of l33ts0n

Can't connect to G2?

Can't connect to Gnutella2? Follow the directions below. They add websites, which have lists of G2 hubs to the list of "Discovery Services". Shareaza uses these services to find G2 Hubs and connect to the network.

If you have anything less than the latest Shareaza (either Final or Beta), don't bother reading this. Upgrade, see if your problem is fixed, then try this.

Be sure that your Firewall or Router is configured before attempting this. See the FAQ

Add Service Automatically (For Most Standard Compliant Browsers):

PASTE THESE URL'S IN YOUR BROWSER WITH shareaza:gwc: !

Code: shareaza:gwc:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Add G2 Discovery Service Add G2 Discovery Service

Code: shareaza:gwc:http://lygo.com/ly/sitemissing.html Add G2 Discovery Service Add G2 Discovery Service

Now, open Shareaza and Press F9. The "Discovery Services" window should pop up. Right click on one of the addresses in the window and select "Query Now". You should now begin to connect to the G2 network.

Add Service Manually (For Opera [before 7.2] and other Incompatible Browsers)

Open Shareaza and Press F9. The "Discovery Services" window should pop up. Right Click in the window and select "Add Service". Add: into the pop up box, select GWebCache and click OK.

Repeat step one, but add: in the pop-up box instead.

Right click on one of the newly added entry and select "Query Now". You should now begin to connect to the G2 network.

If this does not work for you - post a thread with your connection type (like Dial Up, Cable, Dsl), and a mention if any text at all is in the Gnutella2 section of the Host Cache - Press F8 to check.

Lost Downloads? This could work for you

You must have eMule (Preferred - No Spy/Adware) installed. You must also have Donkey Doctor

This is verfied to work for many people, but is not simple. Newbies might want to read extra carefully or ask for help by starting a new thread. All users should read each step through before doing anything.

Copy the files in your Shareaza incomplete folder to your eMule or eDonkey incomplete folder. Be sure to clear out any other eDonkey or eMule partials before doing this, so you won't mix them up. Also, make sure you copy them, so if you mess up, you can try again.

Start eDonkey/eMule, look for and start a download for every lost file, in the order they appear in your temp folder.

Wait until you get at least 1 full source for every file; The progress bars should be totally blue.

Close eDonkey/eMule

Delete every ".part" file in the incomplete folder. Keep ".part.met" files, though!

Rename each Shareaza incomplete file to their respective .part file (ie. 1.part or 001.part, then 2.part or 002.part), in the order you searched for them.

Launch Donkey Doctor and makes sure the options point to the proper eDonkey/eMule folder and the Incomplete folder.

Use "Test Met" to recover every file, it will update the .met

Open Shareaza, go into the eDonkey2000 options and import the downloads you just repared.

You should now have your downloads recovered.

Solution courtesy of Justin Case

Crashes and Lockups? This could help.

Reduce the number of download connections - decrease the number of connections in the download section of the Shareaza settings to 35 total connections and 10 per file, 3 max files. Go to the eDonkey panel and reduce client link connections to 50.

Shareaza does

How To Fix Problems With Shareaza

I downloaded the latest version of Shareaza and attempted to register, but couldn't get through. When I tried to open the program, nothing happened when I nclicked the icon. What has happened? I wish I'd stayed with the older version.

-question by John Nolan

Shareaza downloading everything, not just torrents!How To Fix Problems With Shareaza

For some reason, when I try to download freeware files from various sites, a Shareaza window pops up, asking me to authorize the download.  I have a zip program to handle these files and until recently just downloaded such files to a separate folder for later extraction. I have set up the defaults so Shareaza will handle torrent files, not small freeware programs I can download in seconds from a given website.  So I don't understand why this process changed a week ago. Why has Shareaza taken over all downloads? How do I  return things to normal? Any help will be appreciated.

--- Joe ---

-question by Joseph Lee