xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
roundball

Drivers Who Dont Courtesy Wave

Everyone knows what I am talking about. You do someone a favour on the road, ie. let them in if they are reversing on the road, or if its a narrow road and only one car can fit, you pull over to let them through, and you dont get a courtesy wave.it is only minor, but it really annoys me. to me, it is common courtesy and drivers who dont courtesy wave really give me the serious irrits.

I know what you're talking about ... but back in my school days, I've been able to teach some guy the trick :DI've ridden my bike along a road which is really, really busy during rush-hour in the morning and that guy often tried to get on this road when I came along his house. It's not a problem to slow down traffic when you're on a bike: You just find a reason to get somewhat closer to the middle of the road and people won't dare to overtake anymore since there are cars coming from the front as well.One day I was in a bad mood anyway and was just trying to annoy people - and what better thing could there have been than that guy used to be allowed to get on the road by me trying to get on the road again but never showing any sign of noticing what I'm doing for him?When I approached his house, he began to let his car roll on - but this time, I drove on, half a meter nearer and he would have pushed me off my bike......and guess who raised a hand to greet anyway?He's done that ever after... :D

Well I understand what your saying and why you would find this annoying, but I have had some situations where I didn't have time to do a courtesy wave because they where holding up traffic and plus I can't turn the wheel and wave at the same time. :D

I always try to do courtesy wave when i can. Its just the right thing to do. I mean I like had to slow down and get out of my way for you, so show me some love here brother. lol.

OK.... soMy dad was totally just talking about this the other.. i don't drive yet but every time he takes me somewhere he never forgets to show me at least one mistake someone on the road makes. he especially doesn't agree with women drivers... i don't understand why since appearantly men have to automatically pay extra for car insurance because they are more likely to get into a car accident

IMO the Courtesy Wave is something that is being done on the road if everyone did then we have some traffic problems. It is not neccessary nor is it a cardinal rule, consider it a favor of some sorts.Sometimes if i been waiting awhile say 10-15 minutea trying to get on the road then i will do it but if its just a couple of minutes then i don't bother.

Personally, I find courtesy waving as a waste of my time. I'm probably never going to see anybody who does me a road favor like letting me pull in again in my life, so why should I waste a few seconds doing anything? Thanks you did that for me and all, but I'm not going to put extra effort forth for waving. I seriously couldn't care if they did or not, actually...

I've gotten used to courtesy waving even at cars who yield for me, and I find that it's important not because it shows some kind of gratitude, but because it shows that you are more polite, and as a result, putting yourself at a higher standard. I also smile at people who walk past me :D