xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Software That Will Convert .cue/.bin Files To A Different Format Like .avi

Ok, well recently i downloaded a little snippet of somthing that i couldn't find anywhere else, and i wish i could have found it somewhere else because the snippet is in .cue/.bin video image format.. and that is not exactly what i want... i know how to play it, i used VLC media player to play the file, but now i want to write it to a CD but i do not want to keep VLC media player on my computer or install it on any computer i want to play this file on...so i was hoping to convert icue/.bin files to somthing like what the rest of what i have is which is .avi i have been looking everywhere and cant find a program that i just load the video imaging file into hit a button and it makes it a .avi file... i have asked many people and they said to download ISO_____ and use the extraction thing to do it... well i tried that and it didn't work out for me, i looked for tutorials on how to do it and nothing came up... so i am resorting to everyone here and hopefully someone can help :D and if they tell me to download another ISO thing, hopefuly they can walk me through exactly what to do... because i have no blooody ideal what i am doing...i can do a simple avi to mpeg switch, but this must be to advanced for me -sighs-

CUE or BIN files are used by burning software like Nero to make an image of a file/disk. Therefore you'll need to make the image file into image disk (just run anything that can support CUE or BIN, such as Nero) and let it make a full CD.And then you can extract the REAL format. Perhaps it might be in AVI or MPEG format but once you have the image CD you can convert to anything.Think of it this way, it's like ZIP file. Before Windows XP you needed WinZip to extract zipped file. Without it filename.zip was useless... right? So unzip it and then you can see/copy/edit files compressed. CUE or BIN works in similar ways but for CD imaging purpose.

so, basicly you are saying... too um, burn both the.bin and .cue file to a CD, then use one of the extracting programs people have told me about and point it towards the CD-R and use the extraction tool?

No, bin and cue format is a type of CD/DVD image - so what you can do is run a cd buring application to burn a CD image and select the .cue file, which if the index file. You don't need to convert it at all.But, if the video is in a VCD format, you can use VCDGear (http://www.vcdgear.com/) to convert the image to mpeg format.

ok, i manages to extract everything from the .bin file again, and so i saved it all on my desktop... 4 folders two with somthing in them, one with just 1 dat file in it and the other one with two .VCD files in it... i tried to do the VCD files, but it didn't work for me.. then iw ent to the dat file, and it worked and it is saved as a MPEG and i can watch it, its the same quality, and they arent speaking japanese (meaning the audio and video track are in sync) but if i am playing it, and then i want to skip a part for instance i dont like this part it has nuidity in it, lets go to move the little arrow over .4 of an inch... the player says it is still playing, but no sound is coming out and the video is frozem...any ideal why?-------------------- i jus found out i can move back to an area that ive allready watched and it will unfreze the audio and video and start playing from the point ive allready watched.... weird!!i also just found out that if i let it sit there long enough (sometimes 1 minute sometimes longer) it will start playing from the point the audio and video freezes at....... im thinking that it is having problems rendering it, or somthing like that.. almost like a slow loading video... it will load half of it, the player gets to the point where it is loading at and it will pause until it loads more to play....still any ideals?

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

When you advance to different time frame and you notice a lag in video/audio it is because it was encoded with stream instead of frame. This means a video file was created using linear coding. If you wait a bit (sometimes over a minute) the video will resume with audio or sometimes audio asynch.The only way to make this stream encode to behave like a frame encode is to recode--use programs like Tmpgenc to re-encode. For example, you have a file somefile.mpg. Use Tmpgenc to create another mpg and name it somefile2.mpg. Setting in Tmpgenc would be exactly same as the original somefile.mpg, i.e. video resolution, bit rate conversion, bit rate playback... etc. All you're doing is remaking new file from the original file. This process is called re-encode. Once you have the finished file format, you can skip to any time in frame and it will play instantly.Stream encoding is optional feature to "distribute with hard to copy" method. This means if a site features streaming it's less likely to be saved on a local drive. This means a user cannot save it as a file when viewed from a source site.

ok, i downloaded the program Tmpgenc, and started it up, loaded the video file and it automaticly put the audio file in... then i clicked start, so now i have to wait for it to go through the whole movie and do its thing??

Making sure that you have all your settings correctly, basically yes. Just wait until it completes re-encoding. And depending on your computer resource power, you can actually click on the file created when the start of conversion and you can start the view, skip around etc. This is because mpeg default encoding is frame dependent and not stream dependent.

schweet!buff you have been loads of help for me!! thanx a bunch.... and you too BhajunSingh!! loli re-encoded the video, and now im just attempting to change it to AVI format, then i need to split it in half so it will fit on a 700MB disk... hehe thanx again!!so, does anyone know a good video splitter?

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

do i need to re-encode the audio before i convert it to avi?

Software That Will Convert .cue/.bin Files To A Different Format Like .avi

Replying to BuffaloHELP

Cheers for the above help on bin -> mpeg. Now I have the same thing (stream rather than frame encoded audio). Will it stay as stream encoded audio if I convert from mpeg to avi, or should I sort the encoding out first? (and how long does it take in Tmpgenc?) thanks.

-question by minione

How to convert .jpg to .cueSoftware That Will Convert .cue/.bin Files To A Different Format Like .avi

I wanna write all my photo into VCD using Weeding Albulm Maker Gold. Once I arranged them in the correct order and mix with music background and click on burn, one message appear that all my pictures are not in valid extension. I must convertthem in to .Cue. Pls help me to find software to covert to .Cue????

-reply by Phanith