xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beastjo

Signature Using Gimp ive made a signature using gimp

Its deffinatly better then you previos sig.. but maybe if there is such posibility at gimp to make thous letters a stroke 1px black would be good.. good job :D..

Yeah its better. Now your getting the hang try and figure out effects like stroke shadows and whatever else they have in gimp coz i have never used it. But keep it up and keep at it.

Yes it is better, the colours suit much better with the text and the image laid over the background. you could try adding texture into the text by using some of the scripts pre-installed. make a background or some text and then on the toolbar at the top try some of the things under "Script-fu" and just mess around, of you dont like something just press CTRL-Z and undo it :D youll find there are some very interesting things you can do using those scripts :DKeep it coming!

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

well you have good ideas. I would just suggest spending a little longer on your sigs and trying every possible thing. A good design will take time. At the same time you will get the hang of what all the effects do. Trust me bro dont be in a rush to start throwing out loads of sigs quickly because you can make them. When you get good people will respect you for taking your time.

Youre definately getting the hang of the gimp.One other thing you could try is called bump mapping.Create two layers (press CTRL+L and click on the make new layer button at the bottom, it looks like a new page.) Now call it anything you like.Draw a patern on it using black on a white background. Once done add a blur (filters>blur>gaussian) and use the default values of 5. then click ok. Now go back to the layers window (CTRL+L) and make this new layer below the first layer by clicking the down arrow. If it doesnt move just rename the first layer to whatever you want as sometimes it wont mvoe a layer called "background". Now go Filters>Map>bump mapin the top drop down menue select the layer where you drew the design in black and white this should then show you a preview of the image. it should then look like it has been stamped with the design you drew. Then click okThat can be usefull sometimes :D

I think somebody likes my sig anyway. Yeah you just need to work at adding more time and lyers to your bgs to make them better. you getting the hang of it though.

Blend the text and the render. To blend a render, magic wand, right click, feather then press delete a few times. At leat I think you can do hat in GIMP. Get photoshop, photoshop pwns.