xisto Community
derelicte

Argg, Shut Up, Shut Up!

Okay, I have a boyfriend. Yes sir, and ma'am, I adore the kid. But there are people, and I MEAN, a LOT of people, telling me I shouldn't be with him. Just because he smokes, and drinks. SO WHAT? They tell me, "I don't like him, Jen, he's not a good guy." But what about my opinion?I know I shouldn't even be listening to them, but jeebus, can't they just leave me and him alone? We don't give nobody issues, and they're stirring up drama for themselves & us. My friends tell me those people are haters, and shoot, I think I agree. Are they the one dating my boyfriend? Nah. It's me.They make up the STUPIDEST excuses; "I'm only giving you heads up."Ugh. :D

Lol, yeah. The people sound like theyre jealous or something. They probably just want you to leave him so they can get a chance. Don't listen to them, it's your life... do whatever you want.

People will always try to judge a person by how the person looks and/or acts. If a person isn't in favour, he will probably never change his mind. Thing is, when those people find out you're dating the person, they always try to express their feeling of hatred against them and against you. I could tell you for ages that you should just ignore them, but the truth is that they will always be there, expressing their views. Such is life, my friends, such is life.The best thing I'd reccomend, is to take their views and whatever s*** they might have to say, and throw it away. Don't ignore them, just forget everything they tell you. 'Cos if you think he's the right guy to be dating, then he is the right guy!

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

They obviously look for something different in men than you. Just push their comments aside and move on. As long as you like him, there's no problem.

Oh people, dear people.

Yes, I do agree that those other people have other things in mind when it comes to imagining the "perfect guy". However, one should not just brush their comments aside.

Allow me to present a quote from a frustrated female who had broken up with her nth boyfriend:

If your friends point out to you certain negative things about your date, it's probably because they can see, from a distance, the flaws you wouldn't probably see close-up.

See, love is a very powerful emotion enabling the cover-up of many flaws. Also, these friends of yours may not actually be jealous. All they probably mean to do is advice you on, what they think, is best for you. It's up to you whether to take their advice or not but please, oh please, don't foreclose your mind and judge them to be jealous. Doing so makes you as prejudiced as you think they are.

Oh, I do agree, however, that just because a person smokes and drinks he/she is already bad.

Also, there is no such thing as the "right" guy; it's just a myth. Just the one with whom your interests conflict the least :D

I take it you still live in a soceity where this kind of thing isn't natural yet? (The drinking & smoking). Or you're both really young, or just you and he is old?What ever the story is, make sure you take note who gags on this *BLEEP*, they will end up being the one to stick it in ya when even the slightest thing happens. They'll poke at the cracks of your relationship, and most cases cause the cracks.

This is a classic "love is blind" situation. Or depending on what this person is actually feelilng it could simply be a case of a big crush... "crushes are blind".Someone already posted that you do not have an objective opinion about your "boyfriend" because you will not see the flaws that other people see.Your friends and those who are telling you he is bad news have a better chance of seeing the "real" person that your boyfriend actually is. No body can be truely unbiased but they can be "less biased". In this case, I would take your friends advice and look more closely at this guy and make sure he really is that great. I guarantee you that those people bashing him are not jealous of you and him. You are just too "blind" to see it. Sometimes though, maybe you will just have to get hurt to find out. Such is life. Looking back, you'll respect your friends and family more.