xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shyam

Bin Laden Viruses!

Emails claiming to contain video clips of terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden are likely to be example of a new computer worm. The Famus-F worm normally arrives in the form of a bilingual English and Spanish email, with the subject line "More terrorism this year". The message body states: "Last speech from Bin Laden. Please forwards this video to everybody." and includes a password - "cnn". If executed, the worm attempts to forward itself to email addresses found on infected computers. It also drops a number of files onto the hard drive. Fortunately, Famus-F is not spreading very successfully. Even so, vigilance is advisable.The worm is yet another example of virus writers using a topical subject to trick users into running malicious code. In July virus writers tried to trick users into opening a Trojan horse on their PC by passing malicious code off as a "suicide photographs" of bin Laden. This wasn't particularly successful, but that didn't stop the repeated use of the ploy in attempts to spread the Hackarmy Trojan in the last four months.

Seems very likely that it is true. A bullet-proof title(lol) like 'more terroism' is bound to get peoples attention. And most people are probably stupid enough to download something a run it right away, im surprised it is passworded though. And if it is an exe with a password, that might give people large hints, there wasnt much descryption of the virus in the above post, just how it was being past. I wonder exactly what the 'dropped files' on the harddrive do and what emails it is able to access.One time i was playing socom2 and my friend was on the computer and 'accidently' downloaded something form... he didnt know who... and didnt know what it was. I found it the next day when I computer had sent like 10000 emails going through a @hotmail.com list or something, -Jammer2nd-, it was easily removed tho

I don't understand why the people who does the stuff you know.. do it! They should really get a life and stop spending their time creating stuff that screws up other peoples' computers. I would like to say that I did not get this e-mail. ...Yet. >_____>