xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Internet Explorer 7 Rc 1 Released Aug 24, 2006

Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1 has been released to the public as of August 24, 2006.I found out through my email subscription to Microsoft.All users of Internet Explorer 7 BETA 2 and Internet Explorer BETA 3 are encouraged to upgrade Internet Explorer to the current version (RC1) to experience better functionality and improved web browsing experience.BETA 3 did not work for me so I switched back to BETA 2. Internet Explorer 7 RC 1 has worked fine for me right now, however I have not noticed any difference from BETA 2 yet. BETA 3 caused a "Send Error Report" dialog box each time I restarted the software.My experience trying to uninstall IE 7 BETA 2:- Corrupted uninstallation file- Redownloaded uninstallation files- Error while uninstalling- Tried uninstalling on different user accounts- Uninstalled all toolbars- Found out that you need to click Reset Settings for it to work :P - Uninstalled the BETA 2I was so mad until I found Microsoft's article on User Account errors. <_<

a had one beta from ms internet explorer 7 and some sites cannot be displayedbecause the website only supports iexplorer 5 t/m 6 and fire fox.and it go wrong when i had to open html files (readme's and that sort of things)it was a dissaster and i have now internet explorer 6 sp 1 back.but that was a time ago.and i hope this is a better version then the previous versions (beta's) :D

Personally I'm not a fan of Internet Explorer 7, I have used all of the releases and while RC1 is clearly better than the old beta's it still doesn't seem that much different to IE6 to me. I will concede that it is clearly faster and allegedly has better CSS support, but those kind of features are of little concern to the average IE user. Worst of all though I absolutely hate the new look, the way that the menu bar is locked in a such an unnatural position simply doesn't work, on a positive note however I do love the tab implementation, especially the new tab button at the end of the tab bar. I have not had any problems with any of the Internet Explorer 7 builds I have used, granted I didn't test them much, I have encountered a problem where RC1 will close but this appears site specific.

On a side note Firefox 2 Beta 2, is out now in case you didn't know:

Windows: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Mac: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Linux: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've upgraded my IE7 to the RC1 version as soon as I receive the newsletter from Microsoft as well as various download sites... I think this version of IE7 really works great and the fixed of some error and the little add of the name of the search provide at the top left hand corner is perfect! This looks more stable than the beta version and definitely a more friendly version...

I really like Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate no matter what version it is because it was made by the most trusted company Microsoft and further more , it is very good even contains some bugs. But those bug are nothing for me , I really like it , I have tried Firefox before but it sucked , too slow. What in the world do I have to use it ? So I go for Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate , it is the best Internet Explorer ever.