xisto Community
BooZker

Custom Poll How can i do this?

I finally got my site up and i wanted to make something. That something is a custom poll for my site. I was wondering if there was some how users could vote on a video, picture, flash game or video, and the one with the higest ranking wins and i put it into the right section in the site. So here are the few things i need, but have no clue how to even start this. I only know HTML and CSS fluently and no other ones yet.I need to be able to block the polls from non users and if they try to vote it sends them to a page saying please login or create a new account if they are not already signed in.I need the poll to sayStonerific Scale5 43215 being the highest and the largest rank wins. What i want is if it doesn't have above a 3 then it is not stonerific enough and will not be accepted onto the site. Also current videos could be voted to see if we should get rid of them. I also want it to NOT round up to whole numbers. I want it to round to nearest hundredth (8.63 is an example if you dont know how much that is). This is so that if it is 3.1 it is still more then 3 and will be accepted.How can i do this and if so can you help or tell me where to look or what programming language i should start to read up on. I still don't know how to even how to make users yet, but that is another topic which i will look up in trap 17. I know for sure there is nothing like what i want now though because it is all custom.

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

You're gonna need some knowledge in PHP and MySQL. Therefore, i searched for a tutorial so you can get the basics down for a poll. This one seems to be pretty thorough, and should be easy to modify to your advantage. After you figure out how to create a login script, you can try and add a function that checks to see if the user is logged in.