xisto Community
ProtoMan

Will 1,362 Be Always Is The Most Online Ever ? What do you think ? Post here

Everytime I visit Xisto , I saw that annoying number " 1,362 " and I was more angry while I see we have more than 21000 members. Where are they now ? I know it is hard to make all members online at the same time but the most online have to be at least 5000 or 7000 , not only 1,362.What do they think by registering and no posting or just come here for 5 or 10 minutes then leave.I hate the number 1,362 but it has appeared for about 1 years now.Is there any way to delete that stupid number ? Hacking the system ? Force all members to log in at the same time ? What do you think ?

I'm surprised the exact number 1,362 bothers you. Anyways, it might one day change. To maybe 1,363. <_< It's a possibility. But, personally, it doesn't bother me. The first time i saw that, i was at awe. Now, it's just a regular old number to me. Though, it's always nice to have more people. :P

Everytime I visit Xisto , I saw that annoying number " 1,362 " and I was more angry while I see we have more than 21000 members. Where are they now ? I know it is hard to make all members online at the same time but the most online have to be at least 5000 or 7000 , not only 1,362.What do they think by registering and no posting or just come here for 5 or 10 minutes then leave.I hate the number 1,362 but it has appeared for about 1 years now.Is there any way to delete that stupid number ? Hacking the system ? Force all members to log in at the same time ? What do you think ?

I agree with you that it is rather sad that number has been up for a year and not been broken. I know we at Trap can break that number, so why haven't we yet? Com'on people lets organize a date where we all get online and try to break the record! <_<

However, I do agree with other people, its hard to get people online at the same time, but hey its worth a shot I suppose. We really do need to break that record.
Edited by Madkat-Z (see edit history)

The thing we would need to do is set a date and a time. Then, make an annoucement where you need to show up at that exact time(or whatever for your timezone). And if that ever happens, i'm sure we would hack up a hefty amount of members online.

Well people come here thinking it is a clan of some sort as well and when they realize it isn't they leave. There are a lot of users that have things come up in life and what not and they end up leaving because they have personal things to attend to, some people move on to Xisto - Web Hosting and some people go to different companies altogether. You can't expect all 20,000 members or even 5,000 to stay on the forum and be active all the time. This place would be crazy and by the time you make one post it will disappear from all the new ones.

I feel that when the most users online amount was set, it must have just been a coincidence that everybody was online typing at the same time.It has been saying the same amount for quite a while now, but the number of users active on any website has times when it's pretty inactive as far as websites go and times when it's more active, when there's lots of things happening. I feel the past few months haven't been as good as shown by the fact that there hasn't been as many users online at the same time.However, as said, all sites have good times and bad times, now the site's had a pretty bad time for users being online, it may now go dramatically uphill and this number may even have increased by this time next year.I guess only time will tell and guess we will find out whether this site will get busier again in the near future.

When you think about it, 1362 is actually a pretty good number. When you said you wanted like 4000 people on at once, that would be nearly impossible. That would be saying that 1/4 of the members (who live all over the World) would have to get one at the exact same time. The number doesn't really bother me, I never look at it. Too me, it's the quality of members you have, not the quantity. And eventually this record will be broken as technology grows along with this forum. I think this hosting site is slowly on the rise. Xisto is very reliable and soon a lot of people will relize that. Also, Xisto offers a lot of more advanced features, which when people get smarter, they will come. I think you should just take a break and forget about this number. One day you'll look at it and see it broken.

Popularity will come to a standstill sometime. That is inevitable. But you shouldn't be discouraged if out of 20,000 members, less than 10% visit daily, because it's still a lot of people!

Too bad that they didn't online at the same time , if about 10% members , the numbers must be around 2000 when there is only one stupid number 1,362. I hate it , I really hate it , what do all other members think while they registered and no post ? But I bet one day trap 17 will grow really big and the number will be 99999 or more.Hope we could beat 1,362 , don't let 1,362 beat us.

It shows that because members are all on at different times. And some of them aren't even here anymore and their accounts just weren't deleted. Half of them could be accounts that aren't in use from a few years back. They will be deleted from inactivity by the Admins or some scripts installed some day. And because of that, and the fact that half the people here are adults and have jobs, they are at work and making money to support their family.

i think it will stay the most users online ever because when i do come on not that many people come on.Xisto should do these special days where they give a date for EVERYONE to come and login in a certain date so we can try to beat it :D.

Yes , I think so. It is very hard to beat that number , it has stayed here for 8 or 9 months. I hate those who register then leaving , if not because them , we can kill that number and replace with a better cooler one.

Don't hundreds of people visit the site/forum everyday? All of them are interested in getting free web hosting, but they'd rather not work for it which leads to them being a guest and not registering. If you've noticed at all, there're almost always more guests than members online. Sometimes there're some anonymous members too.And if I'm not mistaken, sometimes, there can be multiple instances of the same IP. If you access Xisto with two browsers, the other one will be a guest. (unless you've logged in with that browser before and you stayed on) Sometimes, people like to alternate between browsers, which can lead to two of the same IPs visiting the forum.Also, you can't really expect every member that've joined to be online at the same time. Some people are seperated by timezones. So while 1000 users can be online now, the other 1000 (assuming there are 2000 users using Xisto.....) will be sleeping or doing something else.