xisto Community
s2k6

Death Penalty For Rapists.

I think that rapists should get the death penalty. I believe that anyone who makes a woman/man/thing do that against his/her/its will should just be killed. It leaves a woman feeling like crap. Post feedback pleasae.

I don't know i think what they should do is first castrate them and then after that they must make a complete fool of them but i'm mean like take them took some really big and busy place and let everyone know what they did. and then after that don't put them to death let them lose and see how long they can survive after that. yeah i know that is against their consitutional right but as far as i'm concerned when they decided to do something like that they just thew away all their consitiutional rights right there and then !!!! lets see how quickly oaks will try to rape people when they see what happens to a few examples !!

No most deifinately NOT. I mean rape is bad but just becuase someone did it once deisn't mean they shouldn't live anymore. We have no right to decide who lives and who dies, it isn't right for anyone to just be killed just becuase they rape someone, maybe if they rape many many people and im not just talking about 2 or 3 people.Well I recently wrote a 3 page argument on Capital Punishment so this stuff is all in the back of my mind.

the main reason why guys rape women on such a big scale is because of the way you thinking. did this person have choice in weather they were going to get rape or not ?? NO they didn't they were just brutally raped for no other reason than some sexually frustrated oak could get someone to sleep with him or whatever. So now you say how can someone choose wheather they live or die. As far as i'm concerned the minute they even thought about that they don't deserve to have a choice anymore. Maybe they only did it to one person but where does end then. Where do you draw the line at two or three or twenty. That person who got raped life has been changed for ever and they had no say in that !!!

So now you say how can someone choose wheather they live or die. As far as i'm concerned the minute they even thought about that they don't deserve to have a choice anymore.
Maybe they only did it to one person but where does end then. Where do you draw the line at two or three or twenty. That person who got raped life has been changed for ever and they had no say in that !!!

True words <_<

im fed up with people who take in their duty to ruin other peoples lives. personally i belive if anyone touches my stuff or me in a threatening way i have every right on the universe to strike em down. The law is nothing. So what the bad guy gets caught all the police do is tell them they should do it tell them not to do it again and let them go! Great justice sherlock.

But i dont think we should kill them, thats too easy. Instead we kill two birds with one stone. Why tyest on INNOCENT (and usually rather cute) animals when we have prisons full of blokes who think it is right to do such things to women and even to men. Prisons full of people who have murdered, tortured, maimed and wrecked other people and their lives. Perform the darn tests on them guys and girls! I dont care about human rights! If you decide to do such a thing you throw your rights away. Like i said zero tollerance, kill em but even better torture them before they die.

And dont bring up the whole "but then youre as bad as them argument." I'm not a threat to the public if im taking away the threat. Surely that argument would mean that all police offers who have made an arrest should be in jail? All parents who have ever hit their children (if the kids are being a pin in the a** not just hitting them for fun) should also be hit. That argument just doesnt work anymore.

Ok, I understand where your comming from on this issue, but I think death might be a little bit extreme in this case. I don't think if you rape someone you should automatically get the death penity, however, if you give the person you raped an STD, especially one that could kill you in the long run or have adverse long term effects, or it is done extreamly bruitally then it should be considerd a life in prison or death penitaty case. However the punishment for repeat offenders I think should be if its your third strike then you should be considered for a hefty jail term, but not death. Plus I don't know if this is done arleady, but I rapists should be required to pay the victum compinsation as well, but I know that may not easy the pain of the victum, but at least it might be somewhat a deterant.

Say, someone raped 1 person. That doesn't really mean they should die just because of that. Like say that person raped people more than once, then their highest time would be around 10 years. But say if they raped then killed them, they hell yeah. They should get the death penalty.

The death penalty is a bad idea for any crime in my opinion. To me it is not an argument about "justice", or "retribution" or "revenge" or a "warning" to other would-be criminals. It is all about the potential for a miscarriage of justice to have occurred, and should that be the case there is no bringing the executed person back to life. However, if the recipient of such a miscarriage were merely serving a prison sentence for life, the authorities can quite easily right a wrong and release that wrongly incarcerated prisoner back into society.

Miscarriages of justice are all too easy to allow and happen on too frequent a basis to be complacent about this subject. Some feel that just one miscarriage which results in the death penalty is one too many.

There is a website that documents almost 2,000 cases where a miscarriage of justice was subsequently proven to a court's satisfaction to have occurred, and the person convicted exonerated. The cases reflect a problem that has been around for a long time and data comes from many different countries.

In April 2004 the American Civil Liberties Union stated that in the last 30 years 122 inmates on death row in the US were found to be innocent and released. There has been no information about the number of inmates on death row in the US that were wrongly convicted and then put to death.

Say, someone raped 1 person. That doesn't really mean they should die just because of that. Like say that person raped people more than once, then their highest time would be around 10 years. But say if they raped then killed them, they hell yeah. They should get the death penalty.

So you are saying it is ok to rape someone acutually a few people but killing them is not allowed ???? So they can go around raping as many people as they want as long as they do not kill them it is fine. i don't know but that would be giving a wrong type of message. You can commit crimes aslong as they are not too violent then it is cool .

I think that rapists should get the death penalty. I believe that anyone who makes a woman/man/thing do that against his/her/its will should just be killed. It leaves a woman feeling like crap. Post feedback pleasae.

Yes it should if it approved without reasoning doubt.

I know in many countries where the death penalty exist, they executed the rapist especially when victims are children.

But the problem is in countries where is no death penalty. How you deal with the matter In Australia there is one who killed more than 30 persons and he is still living.

The strange of these countries where no death penalities, some judges discharge rapist for children and said the child can forget this truma. Very very strange.

Also in these countries, claiming by the woman for rape can convict the person even though he is innocent. Thank God they don't executed him. So the mistake in this matter is more than the mistake of murdering case. Revenge also happened.

For that I agree that in murder and rape, the death penality is applied as long as it is approved without any doubt as the case of child rape [dna can be strong evidence] or one who kill 35 in supermarket before hundereds of shopper. No justification for not applying the death penalities in such cases.

What about the drunken affairs women tend to call raping? They've both had a bit too much to drink, she doesnt say 'no' and the next day she files charges for rape. Does the guy really deserve the death penalty? Um, no.

I don't think in general rape should be the death penalty, but I do think there should be stronger jail laws about it. So many rapists and molesters especially pedophiles, get off so easily and are released back into the public.

One thing that bothers me, is so many people get in trouble for talking to/touching a 'child' lets say the child is 16...okay, by 16 you should fricking know that talking to a 40 year old man, or having sex with him isn't right. So I think both are equally at fault when it comes to circumstances where a 16 year old is having relations with a 40 year old. Ive been in chatrooms where guys PM girls, and they are like 'eww eww get out of my PM' and stuff, and then they go and PM some guy who is the same age as the guy who just PM'd them, and flirt all up with him. They really aren't as innocent as people think.

I think my opinion is worthwhile, concidering i was abused[/bi] when I was younger, but I have for the most part gotten over it, and I rather put it behind me, then make such a huge ordeal of it.

No one deserves to die, to me the death penalty, is just an easy way out, to not deal with over crowded jails, but if they got rid of all the stuff they have in there, and just kept them in the cell with the bed, a toilet , and some books , got rid of the weight rooms, forced them to do a lot of work in the jail...then probably many wouldn't even come back. [Many do crimes to just go back to jail, because they can't function.] Or atleast people will not want to be put in jail, because honestly jail to me seems prettt decent, you may have to worry about getting beat to a bloody pulp by the guy in your next cell over, but...other then that whats so bad about someone basically babying you around, giving you meals letting you do recreational stuff....jail is like a bad parent, 'You are on time out, but you can watch TV' ... its stupid.

Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

I think Death penalty is a good idea and it should be made known to common man that the fruit of rape is penalty; so that man will not even try. But a proper trial is very required to prove that a girl is really rape or not and the case goes on and on in some countries. Because they cannot proof or the victim has been paid whatever. Also, the danger also is that a woman might sleep with a man with her consent and later claim that she was raped. So, firstly, we need a very stringent law to that covers the land. And if proved guilty rapists must face death penalty that way no man will ever try unless he is ready to face death right away. And where there is no death penalty (countries like Australia and other countries), they can serve life imprisonment. They do not deserve to serve only few years like 10 years and come out again. That doesn't scare many people.

i agree with a previous poster about 16 year old being smart enough to know what they are doing. Children are maturing a lot faster nowadays and besides, there are places in the world where 16 is legal. It's like the legal drinking age. It really is just a number. I think we really need to re-evaluate what is the legal age. Although it is not accepted by society for a 40 year old to be with a 16 year old, I really don't think that it's that big a deal

I think "an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth" is the best way to look at this.If you murder some one, not just manslaughter, but knowledge of forethought, then you should be executed.Same goes for rape, but unfortunately we as human beings, can not use a heinous crime to punish another one.I do believe the current way of dealing with it is useless, I think castration would be a much better way to go, but again this would have to be with knowledge of forethought, and not for mental defect, because this might not actually solve anything.You also have to take into account why the person committed rape, if it was just for the sexual thrill, then by all means "cut em off".No three strikes and your out.If you take away the thing, or things in this case that are causing someone to offend then you have a good chance of stopping it from happening again.Castration used to be a regular thing, I'm not sure why people react so negatively to it.You don't have to have sex organs to be a human, just a soul.

Death penalty should not be the ultimate punishment.We all die. To take a life is not punishment for the one punished will never feel the effect or remorse after his/she is dead.There should be a punishment in which the guilty will still live but will suffer in a bitter way for the wrong act he/she has done. In the case of rapist, their genital should be removed depending of the rape situation. This way as long as he lives he will remember his sin and will regret his act. To suffer as long as you live is the greatest punishment. The suffering must be a hundred times greater compared to his victim. If the victim will have to bear a scar in her mortal life the rapist must bear a deep wound as long as he live.