xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Need Free Ftp Client

I currently have 3 FTP programs, CuteFTP, SmartFTP and WSFTP (Or something like that)I think that CuteFTP and WTFTP are the best ones. They're easy to use and fast.SmartFTP is good too but slightly more confusing to use.

I use ftp commander, I get log out alot, but the screen layout is divided into two:1. All the files on your local computer.2. All the files on your hosts.That's why I like it.Also, disconnecting and reconnecting is fast too.

I used to get my ftp job through dreamweaver, err, actually i still do hehe, but i saw a post about FireFTP, a firefox extension and have just downloaded it, but need to restart firefocs... lets se what is like...

I actually have two FTP programs: FileZilla and FTP Commander - both are free, except the latter is very user-friendly for the beginner. Once you get the basics down on how to use it, then go for FileZilla.I use FileZilla most of the time, but I sometimes use FTP Commander...that's why I keep both.

I also say smartFTP, it's free (for personal use) and it's way better than all the other alternatives out there including the paid ones, in my opinion. That program should have all the features you will probably need for whatever you want to do and more.

Does anyone know of a reasonably good FTP client? No trial versions of a paid program, but just a basic and free FTP client that can perform basic tasks (new folder, delete file, etc.) If you know of a good program, please post the URL of it. Thanks!

Well, there are many good programs out there. I reccomend CoreFTP or SmartFTP. CoreFTP is a fully free program, while SmartFTP is a fully functional program, but you can but a whole liscense for it.. if you want. They are both great programs. I personally reccomend SmartFTP, but you can go either way. They are both available from http://download.cnet.com/windows/ . Or just do a google search for em :angry: