xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BordaForx

Sbc Yahoo Dsl Over Charging My Account could it be due to a spyware?

Okay, so I use SBC Yahoo DSL...well, now it's called AT&T Yahoo DSL, and the price was around...$24.99, not sure/month. And then, all of a sudden, when I received a bill, it said $59.99. Could it be because of some websites with some huge spyware that I accidently downloaded? Could it really be that bad. I mean, I've heard of the internet calling or something like that, but raising your bill? Ridiculous, if this is because the company made it more expensive, I am surely going to switch to roadrunner high-speed. :/ But somehow, I doubt it spiked this high, there must be a reason. :/ Hopefully, they made a mistake.

lol, i would call them..... most definatly call them and question it!i would neva eva pay 60 bucks a month on DSL thats just ridikuliousumm, if they do over charge you for downloading spyware stuff, lol my bill would be high.... but i have never gotten a bill that way...maybe it is your phone bill and your internet combined?

For sure I'm going to call them, but not at 1:00 in the morning! :/ I doubt they combined my phone bill with internet because they never did that to me. I've always payed them separately. <_< This is very sad. I am not going to pay for that bill unless I get an answer because 59.99 is really a rip-off.

Its better to call them ask for the detailed bill amd I assure you they will help, no reputed company will ever cheat there customers, every product has terms of services you should read that first and download things accordingly

$60 is more for like 6 mega-bit connections. I doubt you have that, or at least have no need for it, when 1.5 or 3 mega-bit connections would/should suffice. I don't see how it could be spyware. Even if it is spyware, it shouldn't affect your DSL bill. It should only affect your phone bill--at least to my knowledge. There has to be some mistake.

Its better to call them ask for the detailed bill amd I assure you they will help, no reputed company will ever cheat there customers, every product has terms of services you should read that first and download things accordingly

*cough*Enron*cough**cough*

Hm, back on subject. <_< I hope this gets cleared up because I am not paying the money for this bill. They must have made a mistake. I don't use 6 mega-bit connections thats crazy. :P

For sure I'm going to call them, but not at 1:00 in the morning! :/ I doubt they combined my phone bill with internet because they never did that to me. I've always payed them separately. <_< This is very sad. I am not going to pay for that bill unless I get an answer because 59.99 is really a rip-off.

You're kidding. Back when I was still using DSL, it gave me problems every week. It has been to point where I had some technicians come over to my house at least once every month only to have the same problem return everytime. I hated my ISP (Verizon if you're curious).

I used to call them at night a lot because they're help service is online 24/7. And not because I wanted to annoy them, it's because I don't have a lot of time in the day.

That sounds like a horror. I once saw an ad for cheap DSL from Yahoo, but I left it alone. It said something about other charges that may occur. Since those charges could be anything they make up, I didn't bother. Sometimes companies put that asterik in to rip you off. I hope you were able to resolve that issue with Yahoo. Maybe they'll give you a month free?