xisto Community
Gondero Werkus

Teamspeak Hosting On My Account Trap17 might have to do this

I was wondering about setting up a TeamSpeak host on my account here at Xisto.com

For anyone who doesn't know what TeamSpeak is, it is a chat program used in audio conferencing and gaming alike so teams of people can communicate while doing something. (http://www.goteamspeak.com/)

My website hosted by Xisto is centered around a guild/clan I belong to in the popular MMORPG, Guild Wars. And teamspeak helps us big time when we go to Guild vs. Guild battles so we can talk and work out strategy. My question is, am I able to install teamspeak on my account or will Xisto hosting have to install the client onto the server in order for me to use the program?

The requirements for running the TeamSpeak client and server are here http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=requirements along with the bandwidth information. If it's possible for me to use the program I imagine the bandwidth I use for the TeamSpeak program would be taken off my account bandwidth for the month just like it would be for a normal webpage.

So basically I'm asking am I able to install this? And if so can I use it?

how does the installation of the teamspeak work? is it installed as a service (like an executable which runs off the server). or is it simply a php script which you can install on your own?if its the first one (as a service), i don't suppose Xisto would allow that since it would mean tinkering with the server with administration privileges. this would only do for dedicated servers which you can administer on your own, and where you are free to install executables on it as much as you want.if it is just a php script, then simply upload it to your hosting space at Xisto, then install according to their instructions. as for bandwidth, teamspeak usage will count towards your monthly bandwidth allotment.

Wow, I've never really hear about anything like that before, but now I'm curious to know if something like that could be hosted with the Xisto hosting packages that we have here.Since I am the leader of a guild in a different game, I think that would be something that would be very good to have with our members.Thanks for posting about that, because I'm going to have to look into it farther.

I checked out the TeamSpeak web site, and the installation packages there look like they need root access to install, as opposed to just being normal PHP scrpits. Once I read the description of the application on the site, it sounded like this was a full-blown app server.