xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arcsquad

Alienware?

Is alienware as good as everyone says? Ive heard its the best from some people but others say its not very good. I went to their website and i costomized my own computer and i thought it was good but other say its not that good. What is your oppinion? Does anyone have it?

I believe the reason he posted in this section is that alienware is solly created for gaming. However yes I do think this is the wrong section.But to answer your question I hav eto say that alienware is NOT a great system. I suggest actually getting a custom built computer. The prices that alienware is asking for is way overpriced. It helps having someone in the computer business to get computer parts cheap. However anyone who can get the computer parts off the market can still build a very nice computer. When they say that alienware is for gaming, they mean it. It basically ONLY plays games. Which with a custom you can do just about anything. As you can see I'm not a big fan of alienware, however they DO have some products that you can only get from alienware. But again, greatly overpriced

Nah i think he posted it on the right section <_< Alienware is almost like a console since they just build them for play games.So I agree with thejester, build your own PC, you know that with patience you can search and find the lowest prices and the best quality.

I have a custom one but i do have to say my friend got a alienware comp and it runs great on games. I also like how it looks. but what im wondering is if the hardware or types of hardware they use makes it any diffrent from anouther computer. Is alien hardware any diffrent from normal stuff from dell or other companys?

If you are really rich its going to be a great gaming laptop, but if you would like to save some money and still get a notebook as good as the alienware then you can try other brands such as sager. I really think alienware is expensive and the big difference is that their laptops look cool on the outside but you can definitely find other brands as good as it on the inside and save as much as half as the money you pay for an alienware.I really recommend you go and post on http://www.notebookreview.com/, as there is a lot of expert people on notebooks there. You just post your budget and needs and they will recommend the best you can get.

im actualy looking for a actual computer, not a notebook. i dont need the notebook for a year or two untill collage. but i love the way they look but im trying to fuigur out if mabey some of the money you spend is actualy going twords alienware stuff that is better than other companys.

Is alien hardware any diffrent from normal stuff from dell or other companys?

Yes in some cases they do use differnt products. Much of thier stuff can ONLY be found in Alienware products.

i got a great comp for 1810.00$its a perfect gaming comp

What specs does that computer have? I know that you could probably get pretty darn good specs for much less. With money like that you could actually get an aliendware PC XD. But I think you made the right choice with the custom build <_<

So I agree with thejester, build your own PC

Thank you haha. I know that when I usually downgrade Aliendware I get bashed for it ^^;;

But again build a custom. Unless you really don't mind spending the money for a quick PC. Because customizing does take time finding the right prices and hardware. I know that my dad actually got delayed in his PC because he couldn't get the CPU he wanted because it is a "hot" item. But if you get got the money and get frusted by delys then get an Alienware

The problem with building your own PC is that the parts you use for it will cost more to you than to a major computer seller, altrough with Alienware you pay a lot of additional money for Alienware software, and the brand needs a lot of money as well...

I guess it all realy comes down to what you want it for and what your looking to buy for it. So i guess you just have to get that info first so you can then do the research. Well thanks for the info guys.