xisto Community
alexviii

Particular Question About Credit Matter I understood it, just asking

hi everyone!! I want to ask:" want exactly happen if hi have 0 credit?" Let's make an example: I cam back from holydays, but I steel have 3.10 credits.... then I make a post that give me other 3 credits for a total of 5. now, let's says that that last post I made wasn't in the wirte forum, just for mistake...ok? But, as I have to respect law as anyone, My post were moved, and I got a penalty of 5.30 credits. this mean that I have now -0.20 credits. I'm not makeing spam, it was only a mistake... (in the example) In this kind of case, what happen to all files in my host??? I will louse them?? I will have a period to backup them?? 10x

When a post is moved you do not "lose" any credits. I don't know where you got that information but it is untrue. Once you've earned hosting credits the only way it can be reversed is by moderators either manually withdraw your credits, placing quote tag or deleting a post/topic.When you reach hosting credits of -0.01 your account is suspended, you will be locked out from cPanel and FTP. Your files, however, will be safe as long as it does not reach -29.99. When your hosting credits reaches -30.00 credits your account is automatically deleted from web host managing system. All your files will be lost and cannot be recovered.You can makeup your hosting credits from negative to positive at any time (before you reach -30 credits). In fact, hosting credit was designed to help you by bringing negative hosting credits to positive side by awarding generous amounts. But once you reach the positive side the credit script will change gears to tailor to your member level--higher the member level/post numbers the lesser credit per post/complete sentence/word it awards.

Well, I got once when I hit 0 credit as I'm screw with my internet connection... I'm not sure exactly what happens when my account got suspended but I do know that my account credit was around -2.1 or something but my credit didnt decrease anymore... I believe it may be the old policy but what I remember from last time was after 20 days of inactiveness your hosting and files will be permanently deleted from the database... And now I've come back after the fix in my connection and I start off from the -2.1 credit and start earning them to my hosting... The best thing is, never try the system out, dont ever get your credits to be lower than 0! I suggest you post more and to secure your hosting and that the best is keep at least 10 credits...

By the way, as BuffaloHELP said, we need to post more and more as our member level increases??I was wondering if it should be the reverse!Don't you think loyal members should be awarded?

Don't you think loyal members should be awarded?

Perhaps...

I also think the veteran members should be leading as an example when it comes to upholding Xisto forum rules. This means, the longer you're with this forum more quality posts you should make--not the other way around. It wouldn't be fair for newbies when there are double standards according to membership levels: Meaning "don't post short, brief and one sentence posts for they are spam to our board" when a member since 2004 posts one sentence reply.

I think the current system is pretty fair, with the account being suspended until it hits -30 credits or if it has been inactive for 30 days after hitting 0 credits. To be honest, I have not seen a 1 sentence reply from any of our members, the majority if not all of the members are posting constructive replies and this is very encouraging. But I have a question:Lets take this situation for example, a situation which I will be in about a year's time. As I have reached the appropriate age 20 next year, I would have to serve my nation for a compulsory period of 2 years. And although I would have the weekend off for every week. There is a period of time I would be stuck in camp, and that is for the first 2 weeks. And during that time it is near impossible for me to post since I will not have any access to the computer or internet for that matter. Will you be making exceptions in cases like this?