xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alperuzi

Sd/mmc/xd/cf Cards Which do you Use?

Which do you Use?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, I took a look at all the memory card interfaces and there is lot of them!So I began to wonder, do people use all these? I mean I now have a pda and an older digital cam. One uses an SD card the other a CF card, it would have been great if both used the same, so I could interchange the cards I buy between them... but no!So which is more popular, which one do you use?(you don't have to reply to this thread, and if you don't use any, just ignore!:))

well, i use MMC but only because it was the first cards to show up. they were "sponsered" by giants like Nokia and so on. My mobile phone use them so i'm forced to keep sticked to it... SD's are so much better: they read/write from 10 to 20Mb/s when MMC read at 1Mb/s and write at 200Kb/s. There are other advantages like dimensions and weight but all the cards are small and it comes to be irrelevant. Nokia i now starting to use SD's too, so, as soon as i get a new phone i'll say goodbye to my MMC's...

Well I bought a Sony video cam which uses a Sony Memory Stick Duo.I do not think any of these other memory cards will fit or is even compatible with my video cam. When one buys a device that uses one of these memory cards we tend to look at the price and features of the device first. So we do not always have a choice of which memory card we want to use.