xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beastjordan

Sony Psp!

My guess is that u dont even own a psp,its the perfect handheld entertainment! Nintendo aint coming nearly close,hundreds of people have been arguing about this,and im already exhausted talking about this topic,it was brilliant by sony to release the psp, handheld gaming has never been better and the psp will always rule in my book,the psp just has that extra oemf that the nintendo handhelds fail

You see your (beastjordan) second post is a little better, in that it actually offers some reasoning behind why you don't like the PSP, still a little elaboration wouldn't do any harm.Firstly I am assuming you don't really fit into Sony's target audience for the PSP (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). I would also like to now why all the games you can yet for it having already been done on PS2 (something which is plainly false: I will guess you are going from GTA: LCS, this is by no means a port of GTA3, again with SOCOM: Fire Team Bravo, they may be part of a franchise but they are by no means ports. there are also plenty of PSP exclusive games out there: Loco Roco, Exit, Mercury, Pursuit Force, Metal Gear Ac!d to name just a few. Add to this the number of quality titles about to be released granted most are part of a franchise but that doesn't make the bad games: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Tekken: Dark Resurrection, Every Extend Extra. you can also by the way play many flash games, below version 6, in the web browser) is a bad thing, in fact it is a testament to the power of the PSP. I would also like to see why it is Nintendo can rehash Mario so much and no one cares, hell they didn't even try to hide the fact that Mario 64 DS was in fact the same game as Mario 64.Your price issue is also somewhat redundant as I guess you are comparing the PSP to the DS to come to your assumption that the PSP is overpriced, when you should really look at the merits of the PSP when determining the price point. (incidental if you take into account the swift redesign of the DS, you could argue that Nintendo have made a clear attempt to milk the system for all it is worth). You can pick up a PSP now for ?149, granted you will need a memory stick to go with that, and games of course. Contrary to what you may think the PSP is not over priced, Sony make a loss on each console sold.I know it is primarily a games device, but the multimedia features are also key reasons for many purchasing a PSP, I know it was the main reason why I got one, and it hasn't let me down, even with only a 256 MB memory stick, I still managed to fit an hour and a half of pure Deep Purple goodness (it was California Jam if you care) on to it for watching from anywhere, and with WiFi Internet access, you can store the videos on your computer and use Video RSS to transfer them to the PSP from anywhere. These features are aways expanding too as a result of the system update ability, which has added a web browser, more file formats, flash support, and will introduce PS1 game emulation in version 3, all for free (PS1 games will cost though). To get new features from the DS it would cost.but at the end of the day, if you don't like the PSP don't buy one; just don't complain when other people do and if you must complain at least have some valid reasons for it.

Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)

PSP is expensive because it is technically challenging to put so many electronic gadgets in a console of the size slightly larger than the palm. The PSP comes with a high standard LCD panel from Sharp too, an LCD panel is always expensive. PSP and PS2 target different markets. PSP targets with younger kids and commuters. In Asian countries like Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong, most people travel to work and to school by public transport and they commute a lot. As they don?t drive, they have to find some entertainment on their journey, and a PSP is much better than a newspaper or a book in the new age. PS2, on the other hand, target home gaming. The gamers are usually younger kids. The PS2 market is quite infested with piracy too. That?s why Sony is investing on a different media on PSP. There is still no piracy on PSP yet, and so I think PSP is still a worthwhile investment for Sony.

Welll the PsP IS really dumb. I mean it cost alot you can barely hold any data on it. And the memory card cost like 60$. So unless you are rich do not buy it. I think it is kinda dumb. They should of worked harder on it. <_<

One of my friends bought the Nintendo DS when it first came out. Then when the PSP came, another one of my friends got that. The friend that got the DS thought the PSP was better.I think theres better games for the PSP than the DS as well.

I really like the psp compared to the DS. There is alot more things you can do with the psp. Graphic wise i also think it is better. It also has a lot of better games. And after all the stuff they annouced at E-3 about gicing it a camera and stuff it is far superior to the DS.

Yeh, I own a psp and I recon that the firmware update and inetrenet are amazing! I really love the psp for that, and the wireless gaming... its range.Also, my friend owns a nintendo, he plays psp more than the nintendo... because he likes the games and the tools, and the look, and the controls of the psp, I have grown up with sony, ps1 was my first console, and I am sticking with them, the nintendos are cheap, and look a bit skumgy. I would vote for psp because of the look, coolness and funess of it! (also the games!)

i do not know what nintendo has to offer on their handheld crap, but PSP, do you have any ideal of what is on that?!?!you can watch movies, play games, play music, it is basicly a mini computer, because you can do almost anything on there, you can store pictures, and do loads of stuff with the PSP and i doubt that nintendo can do all of that, and even if they could, i dont think that the layout of it would be as smooth and as crystal clear as the PSP, and im looking at screenshots right now of the DS and its not verry good looking, pretty plain and boring, the features on it look slike it suck...lol, and htis is coming from a person who still has his PS2 and wishes his spyro game didn't breakbasicly i kinda hate video games, and would never buy one, but if i had a choice of winning one, it would be the PSPsorry but the truth hurts haha

i heard from people who work in gaming stores that the DS outsells the PSP something like 3 to 1staggering numbers considering all the talk about how much better the psp isperhaps thats just the australian market?

the only place i have heard of the DS outselling the psp was in Japan. In the u.s and Canada i think it would be the psp outselling the DS becuase it has a lot more to offer in my opion. There Game selection is a lot better than DS's.