xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JasperIk

My Uncle Frustrates Me

So to start off, i am thankful i am living with him for virtually free but sometimes...he can be so frustrating.

He recently hurt himself, but he acts like its the end of the world and he makes me do stuff for him, which is okay sometimes but if im laying down in the middle of the day, obviously trying to sleep he needs to realize its not because im lazy its because i dont feel well. He may be hurting, but so am I, he isnt the only one who is sick and when i choose to lay down, it means i really am sick. [i avoid laying down/sleeping like the plague]

He whines constantly about his bills, and stuff...he pays rent cheap and buys stuff from the dollar tree, where does his money go? Oh yes, beer and cigarettes.

And he scares me constantly, and he finds it to be the funniest thing in the world. I dont find it funny, because it hurts my heart and makes it jump, it feels like my heart is going to explode. And i tried to tell him that and he 1. got pissed off at me 2. just still was like whatever, and i know he will keep doing it until my heart really does explode.

He accuses me of not going to school, im 19 and still going to highschool...okay I REALIZE school is important now, and i refuse to give up now, so i wish he would get off my case, concidering he didnt even graduate junior high. He constantly asks me where i am going, and is always in my business.

What pissed me off most was recently i went out with my cousin, and my bf called...what does my uncle tell him? "He went out with some guy at a party" wtf, so then my boyfriend obviously thought i was cheating on him, and i had to call my boyfriend to explain that my uncle just always "stirrs the pot" [as my uncle puts it]. Its like, im sorry you had a crappy life, but dont mess up MINE.

So now, i will probably be living with my boyfriend for awhile- which is good and all, but its a longer ways to get to my school. I wont be back at my uncles, until my opinion on him has cooled off and until he has the internet again- because why? Oh yeah he didnt pay his bills, for fricking months...he has the money why does he spend it on crap stuff?

I feel sorry for you. It must stink to have an uncle like that. My brother does the same thing with his money and is constantly asking for some from me when he makes a ton and has a nice car but he spends it all on cigarettes and with his friends. Things are never his fault. Of course I have my parents and what not though. Hopefully your uncle will turn around for you and you can go back to normal but sometimes things never change.

Yea, your in a pretty akward position right now man. What I advise you do is tell him the truth, if he still does have a heart he should listen and understand.

I am feeling sorry for you, many people are like that who spend all their money on ciggaretts and drinks, even my neighbour does that and in my country, people like your uncle are found everywhere.Maybe you should tell your uncle the truth.

Wow I feel really bad for you but umm why did you live with him in the first place? I am glad that you moved away. He sounded like a real prick. Reminds me of my Papa. <_<

I still am living with him, but ive decided to stay with my boyfriend for awhile. Its easier to live with my uncle because my school isnt far away and i want to take it slow with my boyfriend, because ive learned moving in with someone you have feelings for [not family] doesnt always turn out well. Its mostly just hard because my uncle is home 24/7 because he hurt himself, so its like I hardly get a break from him. Before when he was at work, tension between us wasnt too bad because we didnt see eachother all the time, now its like the only time i dont see him is if im at my boyfriends, or at school.

perhaps if you don't like being at home with your uncle you could spend more time out with your boyfriend or other friends? when I was younger I didn't get along well with my family and would usually only go home to sleep and shower. By the time i was 19 I was living out of home and working to pay my own bills. As far as living with someone you have feelings for, if you don't take a chance with love you may miss out on your "special someone". I have lived with my girl for about three years now, I used to think like you but wouldn't swap my time with her for anything. We're now engaged to be married and couldn't be happier.I guess I can't tell you what you should do, but giving you a bit of advice on what i've done may help you make your decision. Good Luck.

tsk. that's one heck of a nightmare. but why are you living with your uncle? don't you have your own house with your parents? hmmm.. or did your parents want you to live with your uncle because it's close to school? whatever the reason maybe, it's a good thing you went out for sometime, i mean staying with your boyfriend. better let things cool off, but you know sometimes, if people are like that (i'm pertaining to your uncle), trying to change them is not as easy as A-B-C. you could at least try and reach out, but i don't know if your uncle's case is the worst. and even if everything has cooled off, when you come back, it will always become a routine (what happens to both of you), and in the end you might have to consider moving out for good. you could always ask for help from other relatives so they could back you up just in case something bad is to happen (i sure do hope nothing like that would happen).

tsk. that's one heck of a nightmare. but why are you living with your uncle? don't you have your own house with your parents? hmmm.. or did your parents want you to live with your uncle because it's close to school? whatever the reason maybe, it's a good thing you went out for sometime, i mean staying with your boyfriend. better let things cool off, but you know sometimes, if people are like that (i'm pertaining to your uncle), trying to change them is not as easy as A-B-C. you could at least try and reach out, but i don't know if your uncle's case is the worst. and even if everything has cooled off, when you come back, it will always become a routine (what happens to both of you), and in the end you might have to consider moving out for good. you could always ask for help from other relatives so they could back you up just in case something bad is to happen (i sure do hope nothing like that would happen).

Since I was pretty young, probably around 13 ive been living with other family members off and on. I don't get along with my Mother [and I dont really know my father] and tension between us, would get really bad and i'd have to live with someone else. But when I was still 16, i think it was like a month and a half before i turned 17, she finally kicked me out for good. So I moved in with my Friend, and i was dating another guy for about 5 months, and then stuff happened, and anyway i ended up dating my friend i was living with and we dated for just over a year and then we broke up, and i live with him for awhile afterwards but obviously there isnt usually good vibes about living with someone you just broke up with. I changed schools, and i was going to live with my cousin, because were closer in age and all but she is going through too much, so i slowly moved in with my uncle, and that is why i live with my Uncle.

With the comment before yours [it wont let me quote <_<] Ive only been dating my boyfriend for about 6 months, and i think that is WAY to early to think about moving in together.

pretty hard to cope up with an uncle ,as such !!! U have a couple of options.. 1) Leave ur uncle and get a taste of freedom2) Keep urself engaged in other things until u get used to what your uncle does to you... I hope your uncle changes for your sake !!!!!!!!!!