xisto Community
master_bacarra

Downloading In Mozilla Firefox

i've recently noticed the my mozilla firefox doesn't download the things that i download from sites. there are some exceptions, but most of the stuff can't seem to be downloaded. i've reinstalled the browser but it still doesn't work. now i'm thinking that a virus has affected my browser as well. maybe i really have to do a reformat on the system. tsk.

Try runnning some anti-virus program to track any known virus affect your browser... And what do you mean by some of the stuff doesnt seems to download? you mean your firefox are downloading some other stuff which you never download or perhaps its the problem with the server that you're downloading at... Or maybe you can try downloading some files where are guaranteed no problems with the server to test it out, like sites from Microsoft or Google...

I've had that a few times with Firefox. Most of the time it was my fault because I was navigating away from the page before the download starts.Press Ctrl-j & make sure the download actually starts before you do anything.

And what do you mean by some of the stuff doesnt seems to download?

oh sorry, i didn't make that clear. by that i meant that there are stuff that i can download but there are others that i can't. for example, i am able to download zip files and installation files, but i can't download html, text, or xml files (just to name a few) directly. i have to copy the entire thing on the notepad and save it locally.

and the ctrl+j doesn't work as well. it's kinda weird, since i'm experiencing a lot of malfunctions in the pc these days. i really do think i have to reformat. too bad i haven't done any clean install of windows ever in my entire life.

I have problems to make downloads files in firefox because if i don?t download every file and the conection go down... said good bye.I see the link to flashgot and i go instal them to see if its goog.