xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

Birthday :-x

ok, so im officially pissed offmy birthday was 2 days ago (august 17th) and i turned 18.i really wasnt expecting much (if anything) for my birthday from my family, however the way things played out has really pissed me offfirstly, ive gotten more from my gf's family then from my parents, and my parents are much better off (financially) than her familymy dad got me a GATORADE and a bag of M&M's when he knows very well that im trying to eat healthy.my dad just won $10K usd in a poker tournament.my 2 step sisters got (each) about $200 usd in clothes, plus new shoes to go back to school. which they bought on my birthday.ugh this *BLEEP* pisses me off -.-

Wow that has to stink. My parents always ask me what I want and this year they haven't bought me a gft yet because I couldn't decide. Hopefully your parents are just holding back a surprise or something because it'd really stink to not get anything for your birthday from your parents. Did you have cake or anything and what not?

Am a big baby am 23 and my parents still get me what i ask for!Just make Hints to what they have done, they might then relise that you are not very happy with them.Last of all if that dont work, be upfront and tell them to there face what you have told us.Hope the advise works, get back to us and tell us what happened!

Try ignoring them for awhile. If they ask you if you want something say you don't want any. That way they'll suspect there's something wrong and they'll realize you have been slightly overlooked. It's really sad since it's your birthday. Have you given them hints about what you want? Maybe they've given you something weeks or days before your birthday and they thought that was it, it was enough and it was what you wanted? <_<

Wow, that sucks. You should probably get to know your parents better so they know what to get you. It's just a tough situation. I'm not sure what to do, but I think instead of ignore your parents, I'd make some jokes like, "Well if I got the 360 I wanted for my birthday, then I wouldn't be bored." By the way, if you don't want the M&Ms, just send them to me lol.

Kinda like my birthday. All I got was two gerbils. And they had kids so now I ended up with eight gerbils. Most of them are dead now. Well hope your next birthday is better. <_<

hmm forgot i posted this xDanyways, my dad ended up telling me that my graduation party was my bday gift... yeahit was him, a bunch of his friends getting drunk and listening to country music while i ate cake... alone... because i wasnt aloud to invite friends (i hate country btw)also, he said that i could have the computer as part of my gift. as long as i dont move it.or mess with any admin settings.or keep him off it in any way >.<

For now, and never, will I ever understand why people make such a big deal about their birthday. It's just one year closer to dying. Why celebrate it? Then again, my outlook might be different from all of yours, but I guarantee mine is right and yours is wrong. Nobody lives forever. If anything, everyone should be depressed on their birthday since it's a reminder of their mortality. Everyone else should be nice to you, but you should be allowed to treat them as animal waste. Seriously. Why cheer up? It's YOUR birthday, not theirs.

In my oppinion, first off, probably demanding anything from your parents is a bad idea, that's just a thought... I also believe that parents shouldn't forget about an 18th birthday. Maybe sit down and ask them about it. Hope it all turns out well..

It's just one year closer to dying. Why celebrate it?

How about that we celebrate it cause we lasted another year? :D It's like, "Hooray! You're still alive!". Many people don't want their loved ones to pass away so quickly, so it should be natural to celebrate that their loved one is still alive. This is just my take on it, though.

Well join the club! The last time I got anything for my birthday was when I turned 15.I think parents just forget about it once you reach a certain age.I understand once you get older it gets harder for parents to decide what to give you but thats why they should give us money as a present so that we can buy the things we want.All in all not all parents are the same so for those that got *BLEEP* ones just hang in there.

Yeah it's understandable that your got screwed royally for your birthday. You have to remember you adult and i think your family see that and think "he's an adult now he can get your own stuff."But what your father did is wrong hell i would trash the computer and say some virus did it.I say live with your g/f and cut off contact with your family and see what happens. of course 1 of 2 possibilities happen 1 they actually care try to contact you and the other they never cared and won't be surprise that even left or if you happen to come by not even look up and say hello.

hey Alt! :DWell... that sucks lol... that's a lot of egoism from him... that never happened to me though... he could have bought you a car atleast :D and $10k is a LOT of money, just to buy a Gatorade and a bag of M&M's o.O