xisto Community
EnRohbi

Any chance of online internet relationship the possible success rate

Ok well it's great seeing others venture out into the world of cyber dating. I myself have asked out girls over the net after getting to know them of course, but one thing I always find with the relationships with these people is that becuase of the distance between us, I feel like I don't know what she may be doing behind my back, and becuase it's not face to face relationship, you cannot be absolutely sure what they are saying is absolutely 100 percent true, so I get very paranoid and become a real hassle.After I had a few relationships over cyber space, I said enough and decided to stop it as it is no where near as good as a real face to face relationship.Now if you really like this person and you want to keep it going, don't worry about going over straight away to visit them or even live with them, just try to take your relationship to the highest possible level you can without actually being there with other, such as web cams to chat, phones (Both of which I am guessing you have already done) so then you can find out that if you can survive a long time in your online relationship, than maybe one day once you feel comfortable with it all and you are both ready (and of course providing you got the money) go and visit, see if it is all that it is cracked up to be.Well thats it from me, sorry if that didn't make sense.

dude, no offense to you but you need to get out and go and meet real girls. if you werent 16 i would have given it some possiblity but the fact you are so young makes this impossible.personally i do not believe in cyber relationships. how can that exist compared to the real thing?

online relationships don't work. there needs to be physical contact and just typing or even talking on the phone is not enouhg. there are so many marriages nowadays that started from online dating and they think they know the person through years of chatting online but when they meet for real and live together the marriage fails. it's simply because people were not meant to live that way. If the world changed and you could have an online marriage then it might work. but face to face will always be harder than just online.

Dude so you're 16 and asking about online relationships? You need to reconsider seeing who you can see before this.People who are older and more desperate for having a relationship are usually the people we hear of, but in your case it's a little different.Take things slow, you're right, it's pretty much a definite that this relationship won't work out, even if it does short term. You're young, so take advantage of it by looking for someone you can see on a daily basis.

Yes, love is a powerful thing, sometimes you cannot decide who you love, if you are happy with being with someone who you may not even see for a long time, even ever. If you think you want to be with this person, dont be persuaded by what anyone may say.

Online relationships can & do work, although they can be hard to keep going for obvious reasons.A few years ago I met someone online who lived in Monaco - we got on great etc & eventually met up. We ended up begin together for over a year. It was hardly the perfect relationship as we only saw each other once every 2 months or so, but was fun while it lasted.We split up as I couldnt spend as much time with her as she wanted. It was a shame, but we are still good friends, & still meet up when she comes back to the UK.If you get into an online relationship, be prepared to put in a lot of effort to make it work.

Being "paranoid" in a situation like this is never a good thing. What's happening is that your mind is filling in the blanks, right? You don't know what she's doing, you assume the worst. It's been 12 hours since she's replied... maybe she doesn't like me/is with someone else/ yadda yadda

This is unhealthy at any age, especially when you are so young. Having a need to fill things in means that you are making up a large portion of this girl's personality in your own head. I won't get into it in this thread- I think I have talked about my personal experience on this issue too many times on this board. I just need to tell you that I really know what I am talking about on this one.

You need to know that if it did happen that you ever were to meet, she's not going to be exactly what you think. There's much to much that you can't know.

You might not be interested in any "real life" girls right now, but keep your options open!