xisto Community
delivi

Google Launches Blogger Beta Blogger Updated

Google has upgraded its Blogger web publishing tool to include new features. Currently chosen users with existing blogs on the system will see a link in their Blogger dashboard inviting them to move to the new system. Users can also access the enhanced features by registering for an account directly for the beta version.

The relaunched Blogger includes the ability to categorise posts with labels, control who can view a blog and change the appearance of a blog without having to delve into the underlying HTML. With an edtor from which you can change the layout, text formatting and colors.

Blogger accounts are now integrated with Google Accounts, which can be applied for separately or are associated with Gmail addresses.

You can view an interactive tour of Blogger Beta here.

Google was always my choice numer one for any kind of program (or site), I would use it just because it's Google. Well uh... except for this case. I prefer Blogger or Pitas.

Blogger is Google, so...? I don't understand you...

I guess this is a move to counteract Microsoft's recent promotion of Microsoft Live. Microsoft is upgrading its services too, renovating spaces to an extent that it integretes most of the services it is now poviding to a portal type of services. Yahoo 360 is doing similar things too. So it is a natural move for google to follow suit. After all, xanga is making its xanga video. So, video, blogging and friends network will be all in one soon.

I tried it but it didn't fascinate me much, i am still using Wordpress to blog!I like Wordpress because it is way too much cooler, I just like it because it is more "open" than Blogger.I like all Google services but not Blogger, if Google doesn't turn out with some out-of-this-world feature for Blogger, I doubt that i will ever use Blogger

I used to use Blogger when I first wrote about my daily life in Japan...before I discovered WordPress. Although I like the new Blogger and the things you can now do with it that you couldn't do before, I'm quite happy with WordPress since I can have more control of how the blog looks and functions.