xisto Community
heavensounds

Why Are We Moving Away From The Sun? I think I know the reason..

Please imagine two magnets turned against each other with the same magnetic poles. It causes them to parry but at a certain distance, they are in balance. The bigger the power of the magnets, the longer the distance, where the balance is reached. If we raised the power of the magnets, one of them would start to move away from the other. The one moving would be the one with the lower mass and therefore lower constancy. This is why the mass of the sun is a lot bigger than the mass of all the other materia in its solar system. The sun stands still in the centre and the planets are constantly moving away. If we turned one of the magnets, the one with the lower mass would start an accelerated movement towards the bigger one. In the ideal circumstances or in the vacuum the smaller magnet accelerates until it reaches the maximal speed or the speed of light. Similarly, the Sun should not invert its poles around since all the planets would start moving towards it.I find that quite possible and easy to understand!

I truley dont know, and Really have no idea, but if its moving away wouldnt that be kind of ok, since we are burning up over here. But im also assuming that if it moves to far away it will make it alot colder around, and im sure that will have something to do with global warmng and all that

Are you sure we're actually moving away right now? Because even a slight change in distance from the sun would make a DRASTIC change in the whole world's climate, for the colder I might add. I mean we are so lucky we're even able to live here on earth. We are sitting at the only distance from the sun Humans can live normally like we do now. If we get too much closer we all melt if we get a little farther away we all freeze to death.I mean the very fact that we can live like we do is amazing.

Well actually I think we are moving away from the sun for a different reason. As the sun gets older, it loses mass, hence forth the gravitational pull on the planets becomes weaker and the planets start moving away from the sun. This is why Red Giants are less likely to have planets orbiting them because they have a weaker gravitational pull.I don't know if you where talking about the same thing, but this is what I have read in science journals.

Edited by Madkat-Z (see edit history)

Yes, the earth is moving away from the sun every year. By ONLY 2-3 inches. It will take millions, maybe even billions of years to even make a real diffrence to the climate. The sun is so powerful that any planet can receive its heat and light from very large distances.

Yeah we might be moving away from the sun but obviously it is at a rate so slow it will never have a major effect on the earth and it's inhabitants.Why won't it have an effect on earth? Well, for one, it is pretty much guaranteed that humans will destroy the planet beforehand...quite simple isn't it?

Well I am not very smart in magnets and all that. But very interesting post. Do you always post things this confusing <_< I got it a little bit but most of it no :P

Better start looking for another solar system for our descendants lol. That would take a long time before it happens, I bet that by that time technology would be so advanced that it wouldnt even matter. People would probably be able to go to another planet just like when we go to another country.

Better start looking for another solar system for our descendants lol. That would take a long time before it happens, I bet that by that time technology would be so advanced that it wouldnt even matter. People would probably be able to go to another planet just like when we go to another country.

Yeah its never too late to be looking for planets to colonize there. With how big the universe is it might take us a pretty long time to find a planet. Plus the fact once we find a planet we can colonize, it is most likely we will have to deal with what ever beings (wither they be intelligent or not) we come a crossed there.

The other thing is that we kind have found a few planets similar in appearance to Earth, but we can't tell if they are exactly like Earth or just looks similar. These planets for all we could know could just be like Neptune but with a sea of methane and bits of rocky Terran, which would mean the planet is no where near suitable for humans to live on. Even in the sweet zone of a solar system this could happen, just look at Venus. Its almost as hot as Mercury, but because of the gases in its atmosphere trap heat making it much more hotter then what it would be without it. So with all these factors playing it might be a good long time before we even find one.

Well yes we are moving away from the sun but a VERY slow rate, so slow that there is no change. Soon enough though it will all add up and might make a difference or change in the climate. Although with the very rapid increase of the global warming i would try to figure out something that doesnt cause so much heat to get trapped in the greenhouse effect.

wow i really didnt know that we are moving away from sun,but i dont beleive this because the globe is getting warm day by day,here the temperature daily reaches its top!! if the earth is moving away from sun then it should be cold all over the world.Anyways scientists know better than us.I also heard that in some year we will be able to see planet mars from earth easily.one thing more is that ultra voilent rays are getting weak daily,this can also happen in high heat.

Actually Mars is getting close to us, this is an event that maybe will occur again in 60.000 years!!! <_<

We'll all be dead by then, no worries.

Just pray for our Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great

-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren that they wont suffer too bad....

IF mankind lives to see that event, we'll have the technology to at least escape it, if not prevent it all together, but I highly doubt that since we'll have brought doom upon ourselves way before that, if the current trend of electing and/or supporting religious freakazoids and their message continues... (and by that I mean all kinds of religious freakazoids everywhere)