xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shygirl78

I Need Advice On Approaching Someone I Know Very Little asking out advice

<_< Ok this may be really long but hopefully someone will take the time to read it because i really need some advice.About 3 weeks ago i met this guy he works with my ex's aunt and sometimes i go to her work and bring her coffee (even though i know her i dont know her well enough to get her to help me)anyways when i go there the three of us will stand around and talk so i have never really had a conversation with him but i am interested in him and i would like to tell him but i am so very very very shy to shy to actually go up to him and tell him and i am new in this area so i have no friends that i can ask to help me either and i dont know any of his friends.I have thought of calling him and telling him how i feel but i am not sure of what to say to him i wouldnt know how to start the conversation or anything.I dont want to sound foolish or anything and whatever move i make i dont want it to be childish.I have no idea where he hangs out so i cant try to arrange a chance meeting or anything.So what should i do does anyone have any suggestions?if i do call him what should i say.Plz if anyone can give me advice it would be great because i am at a loss for what to do? :P

Easy, ask him out for coffee one time.

If your too shy to do that, try talking or practicing with your friends. It wont do any harm! =)

hey just get this contact number from somewhere.. And drop a message. Its easy to type then speak at first.. Just see the response.. I am sure it will be much better for you to express once when he is sitting besides you and having coffee lolbest of luck dear

If you dont want to approach the problem directly, just talk to him about something else, totally random...like ask him opinion on something, like if your ahir looks good up or down..etc...or about a new phone you might wanna buy...and then introduce yourself. Then, you can close-up the conversation by asking for his number, so you can continue the conversation, or just go out to coffee sometime.Hope that helps.

Aww I can get VERY nervous when im talking to someone i like too, i have a friend for about 3 years now and i REALLY like her, i tend to say i love her, and i still get nervous talking to her, its perfectly normal!I tend to cope with it by hiding it by being more open and upfront than i actually feel. When im nervous i tend to tell jokes to break the ice, sometimes works, sometimes doesnt but thats a risk i take! So i think you should talk casually like has been said already. At first, next time you seem him, smile at him or if hes close by catch his eye and jus say hi, or as i speak "y'aright?" But thats my common-ness showing through B) Then the next day say the same and if hes alone and looks bored jus say something like "cor cheer up it might never happen" and smile, he'll laugh/smile too and there ya go, broke the ice! And from then on itll be alot easier to talk to him hopefully and then go and ask him if he wants a coffee, or a drink or anything! and dont be afraid to strut ya stuff as they say! if youve got it flaunt it! As much as you girls think us guys are perverts we really do like things like nice eyes and i havent yet found a girl who hasnt got nice eyes so make sure you make eye contact (can be hard i know!) and a nice smile too, show some teeth, he wont get scared i promise! It crinkles your eyes up and makes all girls look good! But also dont give it all to him! Us guys normally like a little bit of a chase! Were like dogs! Leave the toy there and we'll ignore it, throw and we'll chase it! And take what you can from the surroundings, like you said youre new so ask him something like, "do you know anywhere to met anyone nice? Im new, free and single *little laugh* and if youre lucky i mite take you with me if i find somewhere nice *smile*" (God i plan things too much!) But dont be scared to show youre shy, he might think its cute! And it wont turn him away, and if he compliments you no matter how much you blush dont say hes wrong! Just smile and say thanks, youll make him feel good that way <_< One more thing that helped me is the girl i mentioned i used to think of her as like a queen, way way above me but shes not, as much as i think shes perfect i know shes no better than me and she makes mistakes just like i do. And the same is true for you and this guy, if you think someone is higher than you its very hard to not be shy but hes not above you! And if all else fails think of him naked :P hehe thatll give you a cheesy grin to show him!!! hold your head high and use your girly charms :D I would say good luck but you dont need it anyway!! go get him!

well , it certainly is not you who is shy when it comes to approaching some one you like ,there are a lot many more so first of all i would suggest you not to be discouraged because you feel shy ,it is part of human nature, what you need to learn is how to get over it i know it will be difficult for you to go up to him and ask him out for a coffee or somehow get his number and call him or just simply drop a note finding some excuse to meet with him , i would not suggest you to go up to him directly and explain to him that you find him attractive and interesting or call him and tell him so because the chances are you will break up and make a total mess out of what you initially intended to do , so i think it would be wise to excercise patience here , try to be around him as much as you can , dont worry about anyone being suspicious of your actions , there are a lot of ways you can show him that you are interested in him and words are certainly not compulsory , so try to show your interest by actions , let him catch you looking at him ,when you are having eye contact with him dont look away and dont be the first one to break eye contact ,the eye can tell a thousand words more what you cant tell with your mouth , smile at him even when it is unnecessary ,dont worry he wont think you are a crack but he will begin to understand that some one is really interested in him , in return he will start thinking about you subconsiously without even knowing it ,by now you shuold have got enough courage to go upto him and pour your heart out or if you are lucky he himself will come upto you .so good luck <_<

Try to stop being so shy. Don't tell how you feel about him, it'll scare him away. Treat him like someone you'd like to hang out with, just like friends. Invite him for a coffee, go to the movies, blah blah blah. Observe his behavior, that way you'll know if the relationship is possible.Good luck. <_<

i only have one piece of advice for shyness; stop being shy! force urself to move our of your comfort zone and just have a crack at it. go up and ask him out to lunch, i mean just do it! dont think about it. when you have the guts to do it then go immediately. trust me, after its over u'll feel alot better. it'll boost ur confidence aswell. dont give up so soon, just go for it! ;]

:blink: Ok this may be really long but hopefully someone will take the time to read it because i really need some advice.About 3 weeks ago i met this guy he works with my ex's aunt and sometimes i go to her work and bring her coffee (even though i know her i dont know her well enough to get her to help me)anyways when i go there the three of us will stand around and talk so i have never really had a conversation with him but i am interested in him and i would like to tell him but i am so very very very shy to shy to actually go up to him and tell him and i am new in this area so i have no friends that i can ask to help me either and i dont know any of his friends.I have thought of calling him and telling him how i feel but i am not sure of what to say to him i wouldnt know how to start the conversation or anything.I dont want to sound foolish or anything and whatever move i make i dont want it to be childish.I have no idea where he hangs out so i cant try to arrange a chance meeting or anything.
So what should i do does anyone have any suggestions?
if i do call him what should i say.
Plz if anyone can give me advice it would be great because i am at a loss for what to do? :wacko:

k well mabe when the three of you are standing around talking start up a conversation about something,something like music then once the conversation is started up ask him what kind of music he likes.It will give you a base to start on ,to start to get to know him then once you start to get to know him a bit better you might be more comfortable in telling him how you feel or in asking himout.

hope this helps .
Edited by Sive (see edit history)

I need advice on a girl can anyone help me.

I Need Advice On Approaching Someone I Know Very Little

OK theres this girl in my class I'm new to it and like 3 days after showing up to my class she starts to talk about me to her friends looking at me laughing then she said hes cute and said are you shy? of course I was I even turned red and she calls me sexy and here friends are calling me her boyfriend when she sees me she says hi boyfriend then she starts to talk to me about my hair that she likes it.I wanted to talk to her but she just laughed at least thats what my friend said I told him to till her I wanted to talk to her now I don't know if she likes me or is she just playing around with me?

-reply by ryan

how 2 ask a girl out i dont even know who ive only seen out and about?

I Need Advice On Approaching Someone I Know Very Little

Jus wondering the best way 2 go about it I know nothing about her jus seen her around and seen her at her work and think she,s really beautiful and wud love 2 get her number and take her out sometime so could do with some advice?