xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
java_nel

Building Your Own Website finding free resources on the web

I think anyone can build his/her own website for free. I have just discovered recently that there are lots of freebees on the web. From html/webpage designer, blog builders, free forums, tag boards, etc. There are lots of fellas over the internet that share what they have. Few years back i was having really hard time on searching for websites that provide free webhosting, but now the situation is totally different, they dont just offer you space to upload your html's documents but there are lot of sites offer PHP scripting, mysql and other cgi-scriptings. Haay I hope people will support them so we can continue on using the priveledge they provide us. ;-) I was searching for other free webhosting sites, when i happened to pass in this site, (I was trapped,hehe). I really like posting on forums so i grabbed the opprtunity on this site. I am not just offered with free forum posting but also free web space, right buddies?

I remember I started on the charity of free scripts and free hosting. It's really a blessing, that such talented people turn around and create for others. If I could program worth anything, I'd give it a shot. The script would turn everything pink. Just because.Additionally, most sites offer free forum posting because, well, it's a way to generate revenue (through page ads/refresh) and it's also a way to build traffic. If you have a place where people can write their hearts out, talking about whatever they want, you're going to have more visitors than say...a portfolio site. That's my advice to anyone who's thinking about starting a blog - have faith, and commenters will come in the thousands <_<

Yeah, there are a lot of free webhosting sites. The most commonare Freewebs.com, Friendpages.com, and piczo.com. Some of them dont give you too much space (freewebs) But if you run out of space..you can just upload your pictures and then put the code in. In piczo, the more visitor's you have at your site..the more space you get, but again, if you run out of room, you can do the same thing. In friendpages, everything has to be uploaded, so its unlimited space.

Yea I agree, w/ the resources available it makes things really easy for a begginer to get back to work in designing his/her website.

Also there are tutorials on the related programs ie Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and so forth that would help the beginner/intermediate to create a decent layout and website. Some are from the sources themselves, and there are many good sites found in search on google.