xisto Community
delivi

How Did You Feel When You Got Gmail? Share it here

How did you feel when you got GMail?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hai GMail share the feelings that you got when you recived your first GMail Invite.Here is mine At first when I received a mail from Google that contained the link for my GMail account, my joy was boundless. I signed up for GMail on 2/19/05 the time when GMail was just released and GMail invites are rare. I was the only student in my college atthat time having a GMail Account. That made my friends look in jealousy. That was great time.

Edited by delivi (see edit history)

lol that's cool having a invite from Google itself, I had to ask my brother to send me an invite to get GMAIL, but now that I have it... I get alot of spam because I registered surveys at ezyrewards.com >.> anyway, first thought of it was that it looked neat. Yahoo mail is filled with advertisements and stuff... yeaaa. I got my first gmail account a few months ago only lol. but it has alot of spam each day x.x

when i heard about gmail accounts and how they were invite only i tried hard to get one. then when i couldnt find invites anywhere i bought one off ebay. lol. very sad but true. only cost like 50 cents or something stupid but yeah.i hardly even use it now. i feel ripped off :)

I've learnt Gmail when it was not that new anymore. I signed up using my cellphone because they send this code to my number for me to be able to register. Gmail sucks!! It deletes accounts not accessed in just a short period of time.

it was just few weeks ago since i signed for a g-mail account. I am a yahoo user since i start surfing the internet. I didnt knoe that those people in gmail acctually send invitations among other users. Many of my classmates have g-mail accounts, one day i became curious on hoe to have a gmail account, i search the internet on how to but it seems that you need an invitation from someone. Other email providers will allow you to sign up from ther sites but gmail is different. I've asked one of my classmate who have a gmail account to invite me. He said he still have 100 more invitations left, ah? coz when i have completed my account i only have 15 invitations. How come he have 100 allowed invitations but mine are just 15? Isnt its like an inverted pyramid system, as you go at the bottom the resources deplete? Thats what i think whats happening. I've tried to invite my other email account, then when i signed up there are just two invitations allowed. I guess when I use this new acount to invite other, the new account will only have less than 2 invitations allowd. Anyone here knows wahts going on. How can i increase the number of invitations on my account? :)

Most of the ids i want are already taken when I got a Gmail invitation. I tried in frustration to apply for many similar ids, but they are simply all gone and unavailable. I wonder how come so many people are in Gmail that time since it is launched not long ago. Since I cannot get a good id, I don't think my first Gmail experience is a pleasant one. I am jealous of people, like my sis, how gets a wonderful id because her name is not as common as mine! Gmail looks cruder those days, without the chat function and picture preview and online scanning thing. But as it gets better, I think it is now offering service not rivaled by similar free mail service, like yahoo and hotmail. But my occupancy of the mailbox actually gets rocketed up quite soon. I am wondering whether I will have to delete messages later, contrary to Gmail propose.

You can now get yourself register throught the gmail homepage... simply by register throught mobile phones and just have to enter your mobile number, they'll send you a activation code and you're done..Invites works like when you start out you gets little invites... Then as your gmail accounts get older, invites will start loading up in your account, and that's what I have now too, 100 invites... They'll refill those invites once in a while, and i nvr had a chance to finish them... You just have to be patient and wait for it...

it was just few weeks ago since i signed for a g-mail account. I am a yahoo user since i start surfing the internet. I didnt knoe that those people in gmail acctually send invitations among other users. Many of my classmates have g-mail accounts, one day i became curious on hoe to have a gmail account, i search the internet on how to but it seems that you need an invitation from someone. Other email providers will allow you to sign up from ther sites but gmail is different. I've asked one of my classmate who have a gmail account to invite me. He said he still have 100 more invitations left, ah? coz when i have completed my account i only have 15 invitations. How come he have 100 allowed invitations but mine are just 15? Isnt its like an inverted pyramid system, as you go at the bottom the resources deplete? Thats what i think whats happening. I've tried to invite my other email account, then when i signed up there are just two invitations allowed. I guess when I use this new acount to invite other, the new account will only have less than 2 invitations allowd. Anyone here knows wahts going on. How can i increase the number of invitations on my account? :)

I didn't used to have 100 invites, but now I do. I think it just keeps on adding up? Because I started out with a few, but then it got to 100.

I was proud, in a way, because some of my friends had gmail, but others had never heard of it. I got an invitation from my friend when it was still in beta. I was pretty happy =)

I was really happy when my friend gave me and invite but i dont see me using 2.7gb of space, although i know someone who has lol.I was soon to realise that the loading times of gmail especially on dial up were really slow.

From its initial state i have been watching gmail and when i get the invite i was exited, only text ads and so fast that i cant resist and slowly slowly i have shifted completely to Gmail by closing my old accounts in yahoo and rediff

I love GMAIL

gmail is stupid

hey man,

What happen, why you are saying such things to Gmail, which provides such a good, fast and also unique features such as, all conversation in one place, you shoud appretiate Gmail for these. <_<

I never really felt like part of a VIP group when I got GMAIL in my hands. I was excited that after months I got one. Its just lots of researching and going through many webpages to find a working place to get an invite. some don't know about gmail. I feel sorry for them. hahah.