xisto Community
BooZker

Need Help Choosing Old Or New Site Template Keep the old one or this new one?

Well as a lot of you know my current site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . I have been really getting into CSS. It's awesome haha. Anyways i started to make a site out of mostly CSS. I think it looks much better and more professional. I want to know what site you think is better. So:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Old site

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Possible new site

The logo(black owl picture) will later be replaced by a group photo of us. I know it doesn't match the site there, but the group photo will... hopefully haha. Also the "read more..." will be put over to the right. None of the links work or anything because this is just to see if you guys think that i should change it. The reasons i want to change it are:

1. I made this one from scratch, the other i used a template.

2. Looks "cleaner"

3. Looks more professional

4. Not so plain and simple.

So what do you guys think?

I like the beta 1.Its nice and small, compact is the sort of thing I like, but maybe some enlightment, maybe some lens flare.... and blur with the flare or something, its (read this fast: bery beryy dark ) but otherwise yeh, 8.9/10

Personaly i like the current site better but mabe with a few modifications, if the logo was smaller it would vastly improve the site in my opinion, more of the page when loaded will be shown thus improving the site.

I like amazing, SFX (special effects) art on webpages, but as i saqid, the beam of light or possibly lazers would be good.I would prefer it to be a tiny bit bigger, with a full news section, so possibly just extend that news section, and then make the links a bit more.... attractive

I like amazing, SFX (special effects) art on webpages, but as i saqid, the beam of light or possibly lazers would be good.
I would prefer it to be a tiny bit bigger, with a full news section, so possibly just extend that news section, and then make the links a bit more.... attractive

Where should i put the effects? You mean like on the actual page and not on the logo though right? Wait... do you mean my current site? The news section is not done. I just put that sentence to show where it will be. I will for sure add more to it later.

I will also be making modifications to a lot. Mods that you will not see though. That wont be any huge changes to it however. I will be using lots of PHP includes. Paul on Trap 17 had to help me with my old site or my current site i should say, because i wanted to add some buttons to my navigation bar, but it was a pain to add it to all the pages.

Also why is my topics title different. THIS IS NOT A TEMPLATE!!! I just want to make that clear. I made this site from scratch and this is not a template, so no one mark me down for using a template haha

kk lolU shud put SFX around the page, and extend the news bit down, as a box so it looks somin like :i wood draw a picture, i did but it doesnt look right, but extend the news part down when u do it, not the whole thing, just like half of it extended down

Edited by lemonwonder (see edit history)

I like the beta version site :)... Its small and very easy to see all and it looks good too... but when you will make thous links to work.. where wilol show all the videos and other stuff? at the buttom?

Both are nice but I would definitely go with the second one - beta version of the first one. These days net users don't want to follow many links to reach what they are looking for. So, page like this is our homepage, click here to enter stuffs don't go very well with users. At one click the homepage with all the links must be visible and also the highlight of what could be inside should also be reflected in the homepage itself. In terms of design I still feel the second one is better too. thanks..

P0T33n: can you email me that? PM me if you can and i'll give you my email.lemonwonder: OK i understand the SFX part. Do you mean extend it down just to see what it would look like?Dawiss: I will make another page for the videos. So in other words the page layout will look different. The nar bar will be in the same place (i think), but everything else on the page will be different except the colors, fonts, ect.Dragonfly: I understand 100%. I am trying to make sure this site is really easy to get around. Below the Nav Bar i will be putting a NEW VIDEOS table or div tag whatever, and that way they will be able to see all the new content on the first page also.

I also say go with the new beta version looks alot better with out the white over the header.. And it does look a bit more professional, and attractive..

Can anyone help me with the site? My problem is i can't get the DIV box inside my main outline box. Here is my example of where i want it. The side bar which is bolded is what i want and where i want. I can't not get it there however. Here is my CSS:

#sidebar { 		 width: 140px;	border-style: solid solid solid solid;	border-color: #94AA74;	border-size: 1px;	border-width: 1px;	margin: 10px;	float: right;			 }

Is this right? When i take out the float: right it stays inside the main mobx that holds all the DIV boxes, but once i put a float: right it does not stay within the main box. Why is this?

Can anyone help me with the site? My problem is i can't get the DIV box inside my main outline box. Here is my example of where i want it. The side bar which is bolded is what i want and where i want. I can't not get it there however. Here is my CSS:

#sidebar { 		 width: 140px;	border-style: solid solid solid solid;	border-color: #94AA74;	border-size: 1px;	border-width: 1px;	margin: 10px;	float: right;			 }

Is this right? When i take out the float: right it stays inside the main mobx that holds all the DIV boxes, but once i put a float: right it does not stay within the main box. Why is this?

post more of the code so we can see the rest of it , mybee I can help ....

Well go there. Right now i got it aligned right and put ALMOST where i want it, but it's really low. Do you think it still looks good?

the style sheet is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and the side bar is #sidebar (don't worry about the other sidebar setting JUST #sidebar)