xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
True2Earn

July 4th Concert

Instead of keeping her recording to myself I have decided to share a song with everyone here at the Xisto forum. Back on July 4, 2006, a local concert was performed by various bands. Fortunately, the girl I've known since July of 2004 and all the "training" I've given her allowed her to be the last (and best?) performer. Sydne is 6 years old and was born on February 29, 2000. We are always singing together and that has helped.

As I no longer have internet access at home, I had to reduce the quality of the mp3 from 320kbs, 48k joint stereo to a poor quality file so it'll fit on a 1.44MB disk to take to the library to upload. You can download/listen to Sydne singing So Happy Together. Here is a recent photo of her taken in July with my dog, Snoopy.

Let me know what you think of her singing. I have more that was recorded that night but the last song i think is the best. She even got nearly a full minute of applause. Wish I was that good!

Just a simple update with a few more files. Here is a photo of Sydne and me being goofy (2004) and a short video clip of Sydne singing at a family resort we went to back in 2005. I reduced the quality (again) to fit the files on a 1.44MB floppy.

She sings very good.. If you didn't post her years and video I would never gues how old is she because of her voice :).. Just some kinds have tallant at singing others at sport but sydney has at singing..

One thing that I find fun doing with Sydne is, instead of talking, we sing back and forth to various melodies (the most common is to the music of Clementine). Not only does it help her singing but it livens up a conversation and makes it more fun. Next time I have her (probably during the Christmas season) I will be recording more of her (if I can just find my mic!). Even though the digital camera I have is fairly low-end (AVI output instead of MPG at a low resolution of 320x240 and no sound) I've thought about trying my hand at putting together a music video of her. That might be fun.Sydne really enjoys being behind the camera and singing. She feels comfortable having her photo taken and pretends she is a model. The onlyt thing she still has a problem with is being in front of a lot of people while singing unless I am there with her. If she doesn't see me, she tends to freeze up a bit. She always has to glance over to see if I'm there (like she does in that short video clip).