xisto Community
mjs2430

My Good Friend Whos A Girl.. I Really Like i think i love her. but i dont think she feels the same...

im not sure. i cant tell if she likes me or not. i kinda once admitted to her i liked her a year ago. she didnt really say nething. now we seem like better friends. shes VERY shy aobut relationships and feelings like that. even with all her good girlfriends. shes nice funny. says im funnny. but sometimes it seems like she likes me, we have inside jokes, and she gives me nicknames. then sometimes it seems like she doesnt at all. i dont know.

Girls are strange that way... at least I know I am. Half the time I never even know what I want either. One day, I can like something, and wish that he'd make a move so that we could be together, cause I'm just too shy for that myself on most counts... while other days I can't stand him. Then later, it will be nice to be together just as friends. I don't know how to explain it, but my attraction for other people can wave in and out of wanting a relationship, or wanting friends, or not wanting either.I can't really explain it, and I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, and it doesn't really help your problem too much, but I hope that maybe it might provide a little insight as to what might be going on in her mind. Or I might be the only person like that, which in that case, it's okay to ignore me :)

A lot of times that girls are friends with boys it might not even occur to the girl that the guy is interested in her, even if the guys do 'kinda admit' to liking them. She needs to see you in "that way". It's also possible that she does like you and has been waiting for you to make a move. If you'd like to find out if she has feelings for you- touch her. Not inappropriatly or anything, just touch her hand. Make sure it's a time when you are alone and it seems like one of those times when you are having a good time and you feel like she might like you back. Don't be herky jerky about it or make it seem like you are trying something funny. Don't be nervous! Just calmy go to hold her hand. if she pulls her hand away, just giggle and say "whoops" or something and go on like nothing happened. Don't get discouraged if she doesn't respond the way that you are hoping at that exact moment. It's not over yet...Don't expect instant results, she'll have to go home and think about you. By making this small move you are putting a thought into the girl's head and making her see you as a potential boyfriend. This might take her some time. This just opens the door. The next time you are in a friendly conversation you'll have to ask her out. :)

If you like a girl, who is your now friend, Just be a good friend to her. Show her that you are available for her in any situation with no execptions or expectations (a real friend). Physical confirmation is not always best. What do you like most about this girl, tell her in a casual (but genuine) way, so she won't feel pressured to reciprocate. If you see her act in a way that you admire, tell her. ie: "That was a nice thing to say". Making a move on her even holding her hand too soon could kill the deal. You must show that the friendship is what is most important, because the friendship is the best aspect of any good relationship, and a prerequisite for her. Not sure about your age but always rember that girls play in sex to get love, guys play in love to get sex. Don't fall into our tragic human trappings. I don't want to underestimate the power of contact. Here is a suggestion, offer your hand to help her up or down a tall step. Does she take your hand without hesitation, or does she hesitate so as to not send the "wrong" signal. This should give you some insite into her feelings. Most important is she must have control of any contact. This means you should seek permission (explicit or implicit) to make contact. This shows her that you value her boundries more than your agenda.Good luck

girls like to play games and most never really know what they want. I would recommend just asking her to take the relationship to the next level. Simply tell her that you have strong feelings for her and you hope she has the same type of feelings for you. Ask her on an official date just the two of you to see if it leads anywhere (relationship wise, not sex).

to turn her from a friend to a lover equires the following.1) her view of you to change2) chemistry between you twoDon't be dishearened. Most women want to be friends first when they describe their ideal relationship.Try to flirt with her, annoy her abit (tease her), keep up the nickname thing but make it funny.

in response to mikes242's statement, I don't think that trying to hold her hand now would be considered making a move too soon. He's told the girl he liked her a year ago.One of my good "online" friends is having this same problem in his life. It actually happened to him with three different girls in the last two years. He'll like a girl but they are "best friends." They'll do things together all of the time. (I keep telling him that he is actually dating the girl that he's having this problem with now.) He won't make any sort of move and they end up getting frustrated, probably, and finding other boyfriends. You don't want to end up that great friend that the girls come to when they need to vent about how bad there boyfriend is treating them while you sit there hoping that they will notice that you are actually "the one" for them. It's a vicious circle that is extremely hard to escape from.

A lot of times that girls are friends with boys it might not even occur to the girl that the guy is interested in her, even if the guys do 'kinda admit' to liking them. She needs to see you in "that way". It's also possible that she does like you and has been waiting for you to make a move.
If you'd like to find out if she has feelings for you- touch her. Not inappropriatly or anything, just touch her hand. Make sure it's a time when you are alone and it seems like one of those times when you are having a good time and you feel like she might like you back.

Don't be herky jerky about it or make it seem like you are trying something funny. Don't be nervous! Just calmy go to hold her hand. if she pulls her hand away, just giggle and say "whoops" or something and go on like nothing happened. Don't get discouraged if she doesn't respond the way that you are hoping at that exact moment. It's not over yet...

Don't expect instant results, she'll have to go home and think about you. By making this small move you are putting a thought into the girl's head and making her see you as a potential boyfriend. This might take her some time.

This just opens the door. The next time you are in a friendly conversation you'll have to ask her out. :)

Yep! This method does work. I tried it a few times before. The first time I did it was actually by accident and it still worked. LOL. Really do this cuz it means a lot.

Honestly, just tell her how you feel, and even if she doesn't feel the same, that's fine:) You will still be close friends but at least you will know and won't be driving yourself insane with all these questions:) :P best of luck:)

I used to really like a guy without being able to explain why I liked him. I realized at one point that I liked him because I liked him when I just got to know him, but then he changed and I really sort of hated him and it was more of a habit to like him than actually liking him (besides the fact that he was good looking).... Annoying.

I'm shy about this kind of stuff myself, so probably just casually saying you "kind of like her" a year ago will make her unsure of how to react. She probably didn't know how serious you were about it, if that meant you'd want to go out with her, or if you wanted to know her feelings about you. Since it's been a year that you've been good friends, I doubt she'll see you as a potential boyfriend right now. Maybe when you told her you kind of liked her a year ago something might have sparked, but after nothing more on the subject since, she's probably given up on the idea. My suggestion is, flirt with her a bit (friendly flirting, though,) and see if she flirts back. If you feel chemistry with her, chances are she can feel it too and when you're ready, ask her out properly, so that this time you'll get a proper answer and no matter which way it goes, things will be settled and you can either a), move on, or b ), come out of it with a girlfriend :P

Edited by Cherish (see edit history)

I am having the exact same problem atm, however the girl i really like ive been best friends with for over 2 years, we talk about everything but i know she doesnt fancy me! she admitted she liked me about 18 months ago but at the time i had just come out of a relationship and i thought it was too soon, i kept up contact with her for the next few months and we flirted like hell! all of our friends just told me to hurry up and ask her out... so i did.. and she declined saying she was too scared to ruin our friendship, i know for a fact that once me and her go out we will be together for many years.