xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
grnjd

Job Interview Attire Question dress for success

I have a intern job interview soon and I called their office to see what I need to wear. Well they said a jacket and nice shoes so I'm assuming blazer. So my question is, whats the difference between a 44R and a 45S? Which one is smaller or bigger??? I've tried some on and they the 45S seem smaller.

I have a intern job interview soon and I called their office to see what I need to wear. Well they said a jacket and nice shoes so I'm assuming blazer. So my question is, whats the difference between a 44R and a 45S? Which one is smaller or bigger??? I've tried some on and they the 45S seem smaller.

im english so i dont know if you mean us sizes or what but normaly a S means small and R means regular. As for the size. we work in inches for chest size but i presume if its us it is in CM. Hope this helps you out

oh BTW i would wear a full suit though too if you have one.

I would think that the numeric portion is the Chest size and the S-short would have less length to the body and arms while the R-regular would be sized according to "normal" body and arm length..

For the longest time men's jacket sizes were always in even numbers. It is only in recent years/decades that odd sizes are appearing. It's probably due to uneven body structures these days. My chest size is 39 but my jacket size is 44. I have wide shoulders. So what's happening is the shoulders would be in perfect size but the body (the back and the waist) looks very big and bulky. If I get the one that fits my body, the shoulder is too tight and uncomfortable. And then I found the "athletic" cut design. It's more tailored to the Y shape :)Get the size that fits you the most over all. You want to get a jacket that it will rest on your shoulders "easy" and not too big or too small. That would be your jacket size. The length, (L for long, S for short and R for regular) is just your preference to your dress shirt's cuff. some people want to show more of the dress shirt by getting shorter (S) jacket arm length. This is helpful when you'll be wearing a dress shirt in contrasting color, i.e. black jacket with blue, white, red etc color. But it's all up to your body shape and style. I'm sure the sale person will help you choosing the right length.The more importantly, I feel, the right tie. If the place you're getting the interview suggest wearing a jacket usually a tie is implied. (I can't believe you had the courage to call and ask for attire question :P) Color choice in your tie will also reflect your "attitude" in the business world. I don't know what you should wear but avoid colors red, blue and black area. These are power colors, especially the red. An interview tie should be something simple in pattern/design yet it fits your age style with conservative feel. Again, I'm sure a sales person will help you choosing the right one.Press your clothes! Show them you can takecare of yourself. Show them you got up early and shown much care to your appearance. :P First impression goes a long way.Good luck and tell us how it went. Perhaps a topic about do's and don'ts of an interview process. It's been a very long time since I had one and maybe the rules have changed...

Depends on the employers impressions, although I would suggest dressing smart with a button/sleeved shirt, black trousers, black shoes, well shaved and so forth. Being well dresses does give an impression with the interviewer.

even if they say blazer and dress shoes. I would go full dress suit. It is never a bad idea to dress professionally for a job interview. I've been to atleast 50-60 job interviews over my career and I can tell you that interviewers say they don't care about what you wear or how you look but subconsiously they do.

Which tie style is best for a formal interview and for casual events? Windsor, half windsor, pratt?

I do not believe it matters what kind of style of tie knot you have. But as I was told, the color matters the most when there's a clear distinction in hierarchy, i.e. the interviewer and interviewee. I personally feel that the style of your tie knot is determined by your personality. However, windsor knot is perferred for formal occasion--it's the traditional style I believe.

But the style of a knot is like asking should you were double breast or single breast jacket... I don't think it matters highly. I prefer small tie knot for a casual event. The small tie knot is 1/4 of the windsor knot, I'd say.