xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

Uk Airport Security Tightens airport security levels raised to critcial and many filght

UK Airport Police Interrupt A Plan To Commit "Mass Murder On An Unimaginable Scale"

There is utter chaos in airports accross Britain as UK police interrupt terrorist bombings which would have been "murder on an unimaginable scale".

The murder would've been done by smuggling liquid chemical explosives onto six transatlantic flights travelling from the UK to the USA. The explosives would have been smuggled as hand luggage might have missed X-Ray scanning.

As a result special security measures have been taken especially with regards to hand luggage and liquid items that may be found within them. Passengers are only allowed to take special items deemed to be neccessities with them and they must be carried in a specially provided clear plastic bag. More info...

As well as that security levels in the UK have been raised to critical, the highest possible level and in the US they have been raised to orange.

Many flights to and from the UK have been cancelled. Over 200 BA flights from Heathrow have been cancelled. Airlines from overseas like Lufthansa, Iberia, Olympic, KLM and Air France have all been known to cancel its flights to England.

Passengers also undergo further extensive checking if they're travelling from the UK to the US.

So far 21 people have been arrested - all of which are from the London, Birmingham and Thames Valley area and are young, British-born Asian men.

[hr=shade]Well, I can't think of much to say but I do know that we can all be very lucky that the terrorists were caught. It has been described as a bigger plot than 9/11 and 7/7. We only have the tight security to thank for the catching the murderers.

Thank you Britain...[/hr]

Notice from jlhaslip:
Edit topic title to shorten it
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Yeah a friend of mine *was* supposed to fly to the US this saturday from London, and I'm also flying to the states but from Amsterdam, wondering how that will go, expecting delays and all kinds of restrictions on hand luggage and what not... Gonna be one hell of a trip, especially with my layover in Philadelhia.

I heard this this morning on the radio station and was gonna post the same thing. Now the airport in my area is not going to allow any liquid whatsoever on an airplane anymore including water and hair spray etc;. I think it's sad that people want to hurt a country and the innocent people in it especially when the innocent didn't do anything. The airlines today all over didn't allow carry ons at all on planes for today. I don't know how long that will last. I'm just glad I wasn't flying today. It really stinks that people would do this. I am sure they are happy just to see the extra measures taken.

Indeed it is. What were they going to do? Well kill people, but who and where? It amazes me that they catch them and the USA didn't think it was odd when they got a report from the CIA that said "Bin Laden to Attack Inside the USA" But George Bush didn't even read it haha. Thank you UK America really couldn't have done it without you.

Yeah as far as I have been told, no electronics or liquids whatsoever on any flights having anything to do with the UK or the US. That also means no laptop or cell phones... which awesomly sucks especially on flights with long layovers... I'll have to layovers on my flight and although I suspect that I'll be spending most of the time in security ques it would still be nice to be able to call someone and let them know that I'm fine and all. Kinda sucks, but I'm glad I'm flying saturday and not today, today must've been hell also I will not pass through the UK, so I hope I won't miss any flights because of overly torough security checksduring my layovers.

In my opinion without actually seeing evidence i assume this is another british "cry wolf" as said on the radio this morning, im not sure if the us covered this story but in britain they "foiled" a plot with a chemical vest they assembled 500 police and raided the house where is was being stored, shot one man in the sholder and arrested another man. they looked for 3 days and found no such vest, they even did chemical tests which came out negative that it had even been there. The two where release a week or two later.Another is when they shot 6 bullets into a brazilien man suspected of being a terrorist in the centre of londen, turns out he was a plumber with a few pipes and rushing to a job.Im not saying it is bad to be on the safe side im just saying i am not concluding this as a true terrorist plot untill we see some evidence like these alleged emails

I agree show me real evidence. Also i hope I don't find out that there was another "simulation" at that time that mirrors the failed attempt. Usualy CIA has its forign assets help with a "drill" and half way through it becomes real life and thier assests arrested. All to keep up the fear factor. White House Spokesman Snow said just yesterday that voting for democrats will prompt another attack. Also backing off Iraq would result in the same, more attacks. Tony Snow is now tecnically a terrorist. LOL

As one of the BBC reporters said: in some situations you just have to trust the government (or in this case secret services and metropolitan police) and if it turns out that they were just being stupid you can (and should) still beat them up later.

It is pretty inconvient, you can bring your toiletries in your regular luggage though. I know a guy who is flying domestically here in the US today and he called up the airline and they told him that everyone needs to wear flip flops or sandals because they need to check everyone's shoes.Are they going overboard? I don't know. I think it's more important to be safe.

As one of the BBC reporters said: in some situations you just have to trust the government (or in this case secret services and metropolitan police) and if it turns out that they were just being stupid you can (and should) still beat them up later.

OK,, not sure what country you are from, but the Drafters of the US Constitution disagree with you 100%
Let us not run to our Govt. for protection like a parent protects a child. What you get is more like when a Catholic Priest "protects" a child.

ps: 911 is a fraud, look into it PLEASE!!!!

Well this brings up the point that anything can be used as a weapon. You can kill someone with a toothbrush even, why not bring down a plane too well your at it. However, why didn't they think of this before someone tried to do it? Com'on we all know that hairspray is explosive. It even says right on the label do not use around an open flame. Same thing with hand sanitiser. :) Plus the fact that there was a board posted a while back talking about dell laptops exploding because of a battery defect. Not to mention I've heard quite a few horror stories of peoples cell phones bursting into flames. Why not banned those from even be able to be put on a plane? How do we know that your electrical item could not explode well on the plane? :P

Edited by Madkat-Z (see edit history)

This was on Primetime. Did anyone watch it? I just watched it today. I recorded it on TiVo, but it was for sure a real scare. Not a fake. I think eventually they will win, but until the war stops the threat will never stop. I mean the war in the middle east by the way.

This was on Primetime. Did anyone watch it? I just watched it today. I recorded it on TiVo, but it was for sure a real scare. Not a fake. I think eventually they will win, but until the war stops the threat will never stop. I mean the war in the middle east by the way.

Just because you saw it on Primetime. Bush and Blair both new about it one week ago today and they sat on it until after the mid term elections. (to scare the anti-war Lamonte supporters) Why did they not up the terror alert level as soon as they new. I think it is because they knew there was no real threat. What do you all think?

Bush and Blair both on vacation and neither returned to their post. Remember those planes where supposed to be headed to the US. Where was the Decider? Texas Ranch :)
Edited by mikes242 (see edit history)

whatever the case this could've been a disaster of gigantic proportions. We must give a lot of praise and congratulations to the authorities who helped to prevent this potential disaster. I haven't been too up to date on the news and stuff but this comes directly via front page of the newspaper. It was shocking to see it and it came out of nowhere, evidently though this investigation has been ongoing for a good while but the public hadn't a clue. I dont get this. Why all of a sudden is the terror level bumped up on this fresh public news. Why wasn't the terror level upgraded to the highest level when this investigation first began? I still feel unsafe...