xisto Community
DogEater008

Megaupload Reduced Their Download Limit Again! [resolved]

The thing I hate most about megaupload is that downloads usually stop and you can't resume them, because there's all the IP thing they use to discourage non premium users and that. I prefer rapidshare, it's better but but not really good anyway.

MEGAVIDEO - - Is this a scam?Megaupload Reduced Their Download Limit Again!

bandwith limit exceeded - megavideo

I recently paid for 2 month PREMIUM membership of megavideo for $23.00 AUD

My idea was that it seemed reasonable and paying the membership fee would mean I could watch all day without interruption

HOW WRONG, HOW STUPID I WAS?

I cannot access  anything on megavideo except for the 300 odd uploads that are on megavideo and not the other 10 million movies and tv shows that are on the other sites

I have not been able to see a ting in 10 days and boy am I pssissed if you know what I mean

WALk me through if I am wrong but I cant see how,  take any movie from say moviesondemand.Com and see if megavideo membership lets you access it

I have written MEGAVIDEO 5 times so far since joining and have NOT ONE REPLY

Good luck MV when renewal time comes again.

Well, like you said, bandwidth costs money but using these type of strategies to force people to buy the premium account when the website gets popular, to me is not that good. Looking from the prespective of a buisness owner, I think it was high time they did that. With the economy having major issues and the stock market point going down, this what I would've done inorder to compete with the recession thats going on around the world.As far as my personal opinion about megaupload goes, I did use it quite a while back but when I found that most of the stuff that I needed was hosted on megaupload, had mirrors on Rapidshare and much more other things on Rapidshare, I ended up buying a one (1) year Rapidshare Premium Account and believe me, they are worth every penny with all the stuff they have. I never regretted buying that account.

I tried to download a few files from megaupload today; usually, i'm able to download 2 to 3 files which are about 200-250mb each. Now when i tried to download the second files, it says i have exceeded my free download limit... So i went to the main page to check for new updates. It is true that they reduced from 500mb to 250mb bandwidth for free users.
Yeah, i know bandwidth cost money too, but megaupload has been reducing their download limits ever since they became popular. At first, even though the speed wasn't as great as it is now, but there wasn't any download limit. Then they reduced to 500mb. Now they reduced to 250mb. .... I know that megaupload is a good site, but it's annoying how you have to wait 418 minutes every 250mb of downloads.

Indeed, the limit on downloads has become increasingly frustrating and annoying. An easy way to get past this, however, is to have multiple tabs to your different downloads open on the same browser at the same time. Though the restrictions of only being able to download 1 file at a time still keeps it's effects, megaupload has been unable (from my experience) to prevent my exceeding the download "limit" thus far. Even as I write this I am using the free service to download a 402mb file, and have already downloaded six other files each over 350mb.

Sheesh!... This means megaupload will loose tons of users. I stopped downloading megaupload files ever since this happenedRapidshare is still good.