xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mynitr

Credits For Clicks! click and browsing should earn credit also.

Hi everyone,As from the forum details/rules/news etc, it is clear that the revenue comes from the advertisers, opening the forum and even clicking (without posting anything)can do the job.In my opinion credits should be awarded forOpening Page and browsing. <- snipped -> And ofcourse QUALITY POSTING.This way no body will be tempted to post unnecessarytopic/spam etc.Admin, please correct me if I am mistaken.Thanks.}}

I can see what your getting at but opening pages and clicking links doesnt contribute to the forums. as for posts thats what happens now to a certain extent.

Opening Page and browsing.

Awarding credits for this would cause members to write malicious code which would load a random page on Xisto.com every X seconds which would be very bandwidth intensive, causing Xisto's bandwidth bills to sore. I don't think that Xisto earns much (or any) money by simply displaying advertisements.

<- snipped ->

Giving users credits for this would simply cause an overload of ad clicks. Advertising companies would get suspicious about fradulant clicks and cut forbid Xisto to use their service. Xisto then has lost one of its main sources of income.

It is true that <- snipped -> does help which is why we only want you to click an ad when you're interested, and try not to click too much.

[hr=shade]Thank you for your suggestions but they would simply be impractical and unbeneficial for Xisto to practise them. Quality posting is the best way forward for numerous reasons....[/hr]}}}

Actually what you mean by quality posting is a great boost for knowledge. I was mainly concerned with the mentality of some people just earning points anyhow. It is not at all difficult to post once or twice a day.(or all together at weekend).Ok, you have justified yourself. So it be! Just let it stay beautibul.

Well that is just about the most worst idea I have ever seen. I mean peopel would just keep on re- <- snipped -> So what is wrong with that idea? Everything. These posts should be closed for the worst idea ever!}}

Well that is just about the most worst idea I have ever seen. I mean peopel would just keep on re- <- snipped -> So what is wrong with that idea? Everything. These posts should be closed for the worst idea ever!

It's not that bad of an idea actually. I don't know about everyone else, but I probably read about 5 threads before replying to a single one. Personally, I don't like making a totally useless contribution; I'd rather have a reasonable sized post with some content instead of having many one liners. When I can't easily find topics where I can contribute, it becomes quite a chore to sift through all the boards. Browsing for a limited amount of credits would certainly help a lot. (Note: I don't really think clicking would ever be a viable option)

Of course I understand the complications that come with it, and I'm not suggesting it should be done - rather if there was some way to prevent exploitation of such a system, I would strongly support such an idea.}}

Making small replies such as "Thank you" does not help anyone anyways. Browsing a forum is simply an action that everyone does... and it does not help Xisto gain any ad revenue. To tell the truth, all companies need a method of making money, and this way of "browsing for credits" does not benefit Xisto or its users at all, and it also provokes cheating (such as mass refreshing, automatic refreshing) and causes bandwidth problems that might affect not only the forum, but people who use it.Xisto bases its system on the hosting credits because Xisto wants to create a community with lots of information. Have you ever searched for something in Google and found Xisto by accident? A lot of times I end up at Xisto when I search google, which tells me that Xisto is filled with useful information. The more information and good posts Xisto has, the more visitors there will be and the more ad revenue it will generate. It is as simple as the tips Google Adsense or another advertisement company would recommend: content is the key to getting a good revenue from ads. Xisto isn't greedy for ad revenue, it is simply another method to keep the hosting going and allowing Xisto admins to work less in real life (since the revenue is high enough to support them) and lets admins devote more time to Xisto (improving it and adding new features etc.)

Yeah although it would be interesting but it unpractical:1:people will just be clicking and no posting this the website would get index.2: pretty much google will get suspicious nd cut the funding no questions ask, amoung the other illegal things that were mention.Also not beat a dead horse I will close the topic.