xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Nereviar

"third-hand Smoke"? Sheeeeesh

Am I the only one who feels MPs (UK, btw) are money hungry idiots? They keep complaining about smoking being bad, but don't get rid of it. Of course, why they do it is obliviously clear.

Anyways, the reason for my rant. I was reading the paper today (Metro, if anyone cares. Hell, it's free and something to do on a bus) and they were talking about "Third-hand smoking being bad for babies". Compared to other kinds of smoke, full of chemicals, being good for a baby? And, yes, I did mean "Third-hand" and not "Second-hand". What's this new and annoying term? Well, it's when you smoke outside/away from people, and then people sniff the smoke from their clothes (Because babies go around sniffing clothes?) and inhale it that way.

What's the annoying thing? Well, it's the fact that they complain so much about smoking being bad, and have all these terms and awarenesses (Which are annoying) and the government keep selling them. Yes, I know why. But what's worse is the fact people don't just slap the government for it. I mean, I bet they could sell a packet of 20 cigarettes for around Ł1 and still have profit.

I have no idea what I'm on about, neither. I just get annoyed by it, and thought i'd vent on here...Since i'm allowed :)

This vent on other vents, btw, can be found on my website. I'm posting the link here, to all the rants, so I don't just make loads of topics on it.

Anyways, what's your view on this?

Edited by Dagoth Nereviar (see edit history)

I am sure there are plenty of people that smoke in the government too but there is nothing we can do about it. The government will sue if they are slapped lol If they ban smoking it'd hurt the economy and they don't want that they just want more money. People can do what they want to. If they want to kill their lungs go ahead but I do think they should have more private places for it so we don't have to go through it.

I am sure there are plenty of people that smoke in the government too but there is nothing we can do about it.....for it so we don't have to go through it.

Yeah, the obvious reason is that they want money, money, money.

But I think that's a great idea, having seperate places, or even some sort of spray to stop your clothes, etc, smelling. But if you/loads of people gave that idea to the government I doubt they'd listen. And if they did I doubt they'd actually do it, because it'd "waste too much money"

Agh :P:)

I agree. Overall Drinking and smoking cause more deaths each year than illegal drugs but the government wont ban alcohol or smoking because of the income it recieves off it. Thats it really and they canstantly go on about it being dangerous for that reason, they have to be seen doing something seen as they will never ban it.Oh yeah im not an Anti smoke-alcohol person either before you say so.lolI am a non smoker though.

Well I think that when people smoke they are not just affecting themselves. They are affecting other people too. When someone smokes they encourage other to smoke. Also 2nd hand smoke. They are also affecting air pollution. And even more. So just stop smoking!!!! I mean why do people smoke???!!!?!?!

Alcohol I can handle, since the only problem with alcohol is the fact that the only people that have injured themselves and their families are those who have no self control. Smoking, however is a bigger issue with tobbacco companies engineering mutated tobbaco plants just so their substance can be that more addictive, and more deadly at the same time. Marijuana unfortuanately gets the pin instead of tobacco even though it is unable to cause lung cancer due to chemicals that kill cancerous cells in the lung before they can develop.

Well I think....do people smoke???!!!?!?!

Some people do it just to look, and others are addicted. Mainly those who started when it was good.

But i'm sure they'd stop/smoke less if they were illegal

Alcohol I......the lung before they can develop.

I agree. If it didn't harm other people, and the government didn't make such a fuss, I wouldn't mind.

Smoking will never be outlawed because the companies will not make a profit and the government makes some cash off it too which is really annyoing too. Anyways I could careless if people burn themseleves inside out and kill themseleves all we can do is education younger people to STAY AWAY from cigs and stuff.Thank God, in NYC your not allowed to puff in a public place, otherwise you get finned and kicked out, you can only smoke in your car, private property, or your house. :)

Well I for one smoke, started to look tough with friends when I was 13 :)

But I'm sure smoking as well as alcohol won't be banned, because they get more expensive every day and the government gets good money from it. Every month they start a new no-smoking campaign, but that's just a waste of their money. If they really wanted people to stop smoking, they would take away all tobacco and cigarretes from stores.

It wouldn't surprise me that one day most drugs will be legalized, so they can ask taxes over them as well.

What in the flying *BLEEP* is "Third hand smoking"? Somebody who breathed in second hand smoke breathing in your face? I smell *BLEEP* here. Anyone who is such a wuss, they can't handle breathing smoke that another person blowed out deserves to be shot and taken out of the gene pool. We need less wusses around, instead of generations upon generations of wusses who breathe in a hint of smoke and automatically start complaining. This nearly as bad as people believing in the Tooth Fairy and Global Warming.

Thank God, in NYC your not allowed to puff in a public place, otherwise you get finned and kicked out, you can only smoke in your car, private property, or your house. :)

Yeah, this is where "third-hand smoke" comes in. When people do it in private, but they get the fumes from their breath/clothes :P

Well I for one smoke.....It wouldn't surprise me that one day most drugs will be legalized, so they can ask taxes over them as well.

Yeah, that is the main reason I was on about. They make too much money off of it...And I never really thought about drugs been legalized just for money....but I can see it happening

What in the flying *BLEEP* is "Third hand smoking"? Somebody who breathed in second hand smoke breathing in your face?....This nearly as bad as people believing in the Tooth Fairy and Global Warming.

*Bows down* You....are....my.....GOD!

Maybe it comes from second-hand smoke sellers dumping their product when it doesn't shift?Still, if you want to get rid of smoking, just keep going the way things are...it's considered to be far less cool than it was in my generation (26ish for reference), and by banning things outright you make them much sexier.