xisto Community
OpaQue

My Best Friend (derek Alain) Had An Accident

Hi Members, Today at around 5:50 PM, unfortunately my best friend "Derek" had a serious accident. It was raining heavily and he urgently had to drop his friend home. I took my bike to fetch his friend and On his way, a car taking an un-turn hit him at 90 degree throwing him right on his head. His front skull took the hit soo badly that it literally cracked and his brain was visible.. :) He was rushed to a nearby hospital. Very few people dared to help him due to the blood and also for the fear of cops (getting involved in a Police case). A very good kind person, Mr. Kamal helped the poor guy. (God Bless him for that, because he was the only guy who actually came forward and bought both of them to hospital). His friend was badly injured too. She sustained minor injuries on the forehead and her hand. :P To make things worse, I had offered Derek a gum when he was at my home. This same thing got stuck in his throat after the hit. As a result, he could not breathe and his body got deprived of oxygen. Usually the brain can survive without oxygen for a max. of 5-6 min. After that, the cells start getting destroyed which is a permanent damage. The throat was cleared and he is now on cardiopulmonary Recusitation (CPR). His condition is EXTREMELY CRITICAL. His heart beat was down to 30. After around 3-4 hours, its now back to normal. However, he is still on CPR. I couldn't see him struggling for life and believe me, it bought shivers in my body. Just the mere sight of my wrecked bike is horrifying and nothing further could be imagined of the one on it at the time of accident. I have known Derek since nearly 4 years now, and till date he is the most honest friend I had. He is clean and pure... a truly helpful guy from nature. He means a lot to me and never in my darkest imagination, I can ever think about this world without his presence. He has amazing talents in computers and a very kind hearted person who truly deserves to live. I request everyone reading this to please pray from your heart for his full recovery. For some reason, I believe from deep within that prayers and good wishes have the power to make the impossible... possible. Thank you... :P Shridhar.Sorry for updating this thread soo late, but Derek gave up his struggle.This is what I had updated about him, after he passed away to my friends list.------------------I AM JUST UPDATING WHAT ALL HAPPENED :-(2 Days before he passed, I got a call in the morning .. and I had to rush to the hospital. his brain has stopped responding. Heart is beating though... Almost every body actions are now operated by machines.. We are contacting as many neuro-surgeons possible. I guess, nothing much can be done now.. and Doctors too have relaxed their hopes.day before he passed, He had to be shifted to TERNA MEDICAL HOSPITAL. But, after taking him there, the bastard doctors pulled their hands up and refused to admit him due to his CRITICAL condition. Then we had to rush him to VASHI Municipal Hospital where the same happened again. We had to call some Corporates to force the hospital authority to admit him. His conditions have sunk badly due to the transfer from one hospital to another.Day he passed (11th of Aug), His kidneys failed due to very low Bloodpressure around 40. They cannot use drugs to get them working back because it will lower the BP even further. He was struggling hard. Yesterday, at around 1 AM, doctors said, he wont make it and has 4-5 hours with him. He was sinking.. However, his pulse is catching up and he is giving a tough fight. I along with 3 other friends were driving to Shirdi to pray for him and on our way, we got the news that he passed away. God, this hurts sooo much. I swear to God, If you ever had a person like Derek in your life, he would be the last person on earth you might ever want to leave.He was sooo mature, yet he was a hyperactive Kid. He was that CraZy worm which everyone has but in the form of a human.. His presence fills up a place. Not a single friend of mine ever saw him sad. He had that million dollar smile on his face all the time. And he himself knew it had a magic. He was filled with innocence from top to bottom. If he ever knew you and came to know that you are in trouble, he would spring to help YOU and tried his best to get you out. While you would be wondering, why this cute mischievous guy is soo sweet and wants to help you. He was a genius and the best. I hope his soul rests in peace? Good Bye my dear friend.

:) Omg! I am sorry that that happened. Tell me if he is ok. I mean how could all of that happen to him.I do not think that should have happened to your friend. I hope he is ok. :P

I am really sorry to hear that. What a horrible thing to happen to somebody. My heart goes out to him and his family. i will prey in my own way and i wish him a full recovery. Please keep me updated as i would really like to know how he is. Good Luck and get well soon Derek and godbless

Wow, that really stinks. I hope that your friend makes it through. I am sure he will with the help of prayer. Don't feel bad about the gum, I know you might think it's your fault but it isn't like you knew this would happen and there was nothing you could do about it. Hopefully he doesn't have brain damage and if he does it isn't much. Good luck to your friend, hopefully he'll be riding his bike again soon.

Prayers going his way from Michigan, USA. Cannot imagine the emotions involved with such a tragedy as this. My heart goes out to everybody concerned.

oh my!!! i cant beleive that i seriouslly feel really bad for you. I was once in a crash and i broke both my legs and an arm. I was in pain for moths. I cant imagine damaging my skull. Id probably die from my emotion trauma befor the imjusry killed me! send him my best regards!

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend and his friend getting in the accident. I hope they get better soon and they have prayers coming from Minnesota. Sorry to go of subject, but something similar happened like this to my brother. He was out drinking with some friends and was pretty well drunk, they put him in the box of the pickup alone and they were doing probaly 60-70 down gravel roads. Apparently he fell out of the pickup and nobody knew he was gone for a few hours. They sent out like 3-4 groups of people ot look for him and they finally did and sent him to the emergency room and well ended up pretty messed up. He was full of burns and scraped up badly, blood every where. Nobody even told my parents until they brought him home the next morning, ><. Anyways he's back to normal now, sorry about going off topic here. ><.

That really sounds bad... I really hope he can pull through this one, and recover quickly... This world cannot lack of one more computer genius again!! God Bless Him!!! :)

oh my deepest sympathies are with you , i cant even imagine something like that happening to a friend of mine , even if it happened to someone i know i would be in shock , i can imagine how bad you will be feeling not to mention his familie's grievings and his own pain and sufferings he will be going through , my prayers are with him and his family and with good friends to him like you , i hope he will recover soon and will be alright

:) that is really sad,i'm sorry to know that. i will pray for him,of course,i believe that with positive energy from every one he will recover. and as for you,i know it should be really hard and you must fell very bad but try to be strong and try to have positive thinking,he will need your straingth. i wish the best to your friend and i'm sure he will be fine.

:) I got a call in the morning today... and I had to rush to the hospital. his brain has stopped responding. Heart is beating though... Almost every body actions are now operated by machines.. We are contacting as many neuro-surgeons possible. I guess, nothing much can be done now.. and Doctors too have relaxed their hopes. God, this is soooo painful and hurting! I don't know what to do. I have to run back to hospital again .. bye.. :P

:) I got a call in the morning today... and I had to rush to the hospital. his brain has stopped responding. Heart is beating though... Almost every body actions are now operated by machines.. We are contacting as many neuro-surgeons possible. I guess, nothing much can be done now.. and Doctors too have relaxed their hopes. God, this is soooo painful and hurting! I don't know what to do. I have to run back to hospital again .. bye.. :P

Oh man that can't be good. Hopefully he can pull through and make it for atleast a few more months. My friend had brain damage once and wasn't really fully there. He couldn't speak and barely move but he started to make progress but then things started to not look good and he passed away but atleast we were able to communicate with him for a while after the nerve exploded.

Hopefully everything turns out ok. I will keep him in my prayers.

Derek is not only OpaQue's best friend, but he is also a server admin for Xisto Corporation. My utmost sincere prayers for Derek and a speedy recovery at the time of this hardship. I pray that his family's strength will overcome everything when all possible outcome may seem desolate.