xisto Community
Prox

Disproving Mormonism A few facts that disprove the mormon faith

Disproving Mormonism --------------------------------------------------------------------------------I recently viewed a video on The Book Of Mormonism vs. The Bible... here are my notes:THE BOOK OF MORMONISM:- The history of America does not match the geography described in the BOM.- NO records of Israel ever show that the Lamanites were ever a tribe in Israel, but EVERY tribe talked about in the bible ( Benjamites, Phillistines, etc. ) are all backed up by records.- It is impossible that there was a WHOLE other tribe in Israel that set off in a boat journey (on ancient row boats) to America would leave behind no records or archaeology. Every tribe and city talked about in the bible have been found to exist by archaeologists, why would this one be any different?- For example, cities talked about in the Bible like the City of David and Bet Sheba STILL EXIST, and have kept the same names.- The BOM names cities and tells the geography of them, but no city like the ones described in the BOM have ever been found.- If you want to go to cities named in the Bible like Jerusalem, you can! But if you want to go to Zarahemla (a city in the BOM), you can't because it never existed, and scientists have found NO evidence, geography, or records EVER showing that it did.- The BOM says that there were HORSES and ELEPHANTS and STEEL in America in ancient times. But, its a commonly known fact that horses were brought by the Spanish in the 1700's. Steel wasn't invented yet, and elephants definiteley weren't in America during those times either! It's just that Joseph Smith (THE PERSON WHO FABRICATED THIS FICTIONAL BOOK) wasn't knowledgable enough to create a setting in America that matched ancient times.- The BOM describes plants, animals, and metals that DIDN'T exist in America during the time the story of the Lamanites supposedly took place.-In the BOM it is said that the Nephites were "An Empire of Writing and Literature", yet they left NO records of themselves?- They have found original pieces of The Bible, but NO original copies of the BOM have been found.- Joseph Smith supposedly translated the bible from a language called "Reformed Egyptian" to "English". But, he only knew ENGLISH (according to people who knew him.)- Oh, and also, Reformed Egyptian is a FAKE language that never existed... HE MADE IT UP! Any Scientist that specializes in languages will tell you that no such thing exists or existed.- The BOM describes coins that they used to use in Ancient America, but nobody has ever found coins in ALL of the American Continents (South and North) that outdate the Europeans.- Unlike in the bible... it describes coins, and archaeologists have found over 90,000 coins alike the ones described in the bible.- We've found archaeology and evidence of SMALL battles that were described in the bible, but have found no evidence of ANY battles described in the Book Of Mormon.- One battle in the BOM supposedly took 2 million lives. That is a HUGE battle, but no evidence was ever found that that existed. But in the bible it describes battles as small as 600 people that have been PROVEN to have happened by Archaeology.- When they find places like "Jerusalem" that existed in Bible times, Christians are eager to dig them up, and when they do, they find TONS of archaeology... but when Mormons find places they CLAIM to be ancient Mormon cities, they never dig them up, because they fear that they'll find nothing. (Why do they fear that? NOTHING has ever been found before!)- Mormons refuse to excavate the Hill-Kamora (Spell check). - The book of Mormon has 1000's of grammatical and geographical and physical mistakes.... all that have been CORRECTED by the board of Mormons who oversee the BOM. Unlike the Bible which hasn't ever been MODIFIED because of mistakes.- AND this is funny... you know how Mormons will always TELL you they ARE Christians?: The PRESIDENT of the MORMON CHURCH is on video/audio saying:" We do not believe in the Christian Christ. " BTW --- Most of my Mormon spellings are wrong, since I only watched a video. So I tried to sound the words out best I could.

I'm a Catholic and I don't know much about the Mormons but I say you make a very compelling argument. As a matter of interest,Prox, do you have anything against Mormons?

I'm also a catholic, although non practising, and to be honest I dont know much about the mormons. But i'll have to agree that the argument is compelling in parts but not knowing much, I cant really say whether if I agree or not.

I'm a Catholic and I don't know much about the Mormons but I say you make a very compelling argument. As a matter of interest,Prox, do you have anything against Mormons?

No. Why would I have anything against Mormons? Some of the nicest people I know are LDS members. I'm a christian and I just want to spread the word about false religions.

I recently viewed a video on The Book Of Mormonism vs. The Bible...

Just who produced this video? I would be interested in obtaining a copy. My understanding of the BOM, and I quote from its title, is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. The BOM does not vs. the Bible.

The book of Mormon has 1000's of grammatical and geographical and physical mistakes.... all that have been CORRECTED by the board of Mormons who oversee the BOM. Unlike the Bible which hasn't ever been MODIFIED because of mistakes.

Where did you gather this information; source please? How many translations and interpretations of the bible have there been printed since the original? Certainly you don't presume that no mistakes were made and/or corrected, ever in the history of bible printing. After all, interpretations are indeed corrections of the printed word to fit the writer's beliefs, are they not?

I found an interesting article right here on Xisto about Mormonism. Although this post questions their historic background, the article I found speaks of their beliefs. I think rather than be caught up with details about whether their historic claims are factual or not, the more important factor is what they teach and practice morally.

Report on Mormonism by a Catholic

Mich - Do you believe that the end justifies the means? Because if your religion is based on a lie how "true" of a church can it be? You said "the more important factor is what they teach and practice morally." Not true, if you were a Christian you would know that your actions are not as important as you beliefs; Since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. (Romans 4.3)Your belief in Christ is all you have, what you teach and practice morally is a result of that belief. So if your beliefs are flawed and based on lies then isn�t everything you teach and practice flawed also?

I have been studying as much as I can on the beliefs of Mormons because my two young daughters are in a Mormon home beyond my control. This is the first I have found on the archaeological and geographical history of the Book of Mormon. What I don't understand is why so many Mormons continue to believe in something that has been proven time and time again to be incorrect. Please pray that God will teach my children His truth. And place His angels over them to protect them from this spiritual warfare we face at this time.I am an avid beleiver in Christ, but have been doing a lot of studying to make sure I am not missing something like the Jews are.So far I am finding that I am not.Thank you!!!God bless you!!!-Bridgett

I suggest that everyone at least visit carm.org, it is a great site with a lot of information on the mormon faith, and other cults and pagan practices and some very good insite on Christianity-stelvin

Another thing....

Disproving Mormonism

Another thing that you can really disprove mormon by is something they believe themselves. The BOM was written by old boy a few hundred years ago because he claims that God the Father and Jesus Christ came down in the flesh and instructed him to write it, the mormons believe this. Now, for starters, the mormons also believe the bible, in which it says that we would instantly die if we saw God the Father because he cannot be around sin. Another thing is in the bible, when Jesus was talking for the last time after he had risen from the grave, before he rose into heaven, he said "There are many rooms in my Father's house. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going away to prepare a place for you? And if I am going away to prepare a place for you, I will come back again and welcome you into my presence, so that you may be where I am" John 14:2-3

Now in those verses Jesus is saying to Christians, straight forward, I am leaving now to prepare a place for you in heaven BUT I will come again and you will come back with me so that we can be together. Ok? So Jesus left, he's coming again BUT when he does he will take us with him. Ok so if Jesus came back already WHAT THE HECK ARE WE STILL DOING HERE?!? :D

-reply by Stephen

Anyone who argues or fights about theology or "BLIND FAITH" is ridiculous... Most people are sheep... Admit it... nobody knows anything... Get it 

-reply by philip

Vintage Anti-Mormon CommentsDisproving Mormonism

I don't expect my comment to be posted because I am Mormon, but I was disturbed by your bullets arguing the Book of Mormon...Not because they dispute it's authenticity, but because you are stating supposed facts about Mormonism that simply are not fact...As a matter of fact, most Mormons would read your claims about the Book of Mormon and say, "where did he get this from???  We don't believe this." This applies to all of your bullets.  For example, your second bullet states:

"NO records of Israel ever show that the Lamanites were ever a tribe in Israel, but EVERY tribe talked about in the bible ( Benjamites, Phillistines, etc. ) are all backed up by records.- NO records of Israel ever show that the Lamanites were ever a tribe in Israel, but EVERY tribe talked about in the bible ( Benjamites, Phillistines, etc. ) are all backed up by records."

Mormon doctrine does not/has not ever claimed that "Lamanites" were a tribe of Israel.  It is obvious you have not read the Book of Mormon because you would immediately know this.  The fact is, Lehi, who left Jerusalem with his family to the Americas was a Jew.  He was a descendant from one of the tribes of Israel - obviously.  The term Lamanites did not even exist until many generations after Lehi's death when a portion of his descendants decided to call themselves that term.

Now that the fact of Mormon doctrine has been established, how can you claim that Mormon's claim that "Lamanites" are one of the twelve tribes? Like many anti-Mormons, this is simply taking a Mormon claim and twisting its truth. 

If I see that you post my comment, then I can tell that you are legitimately trying to understand and debate Mormon doctrine.  I will then take the time to address/refute each bullet. But my guess is that this will never be posted because it refutes your twisted claims. This is very unfortunate because as  a Christian, you will claim to be in search of or to have found truth, and yet your website is a web of deceit in which the people you attack are not even clearly understood or even worse, consciously misrepresented.

Whether you agree with Mormonism or not, how can you in good conscience post these things that are far from the truth?  I hope you will reconsider. I will follow up on this website and see if you have the courage to post this.  If you have the truth, then obviously you have nothing to fear...Correct?  It should set you free, right?

-reply by Caballerokid

Replying to iGuestSo, what evidence is there that the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, etc. Are factual?There really is no evidence for validity, and it's time we got serious about Jesus, and reject all false teaching. Also, regarding the "established doctrine"...There have been numerous established doctrines that have been shown to be false throughout history: bloodletting, flat earth, handwashing necessity, earth as center of universe, and others have been "established doctrine" or teaching and have obviously been shown to be false--as has the BOM.

Stephen said "the bible, in which it says that we would instantly die if we saw God the Father because he cannot be around sin."

Does that not disprove all christian religions? is it not correct that in the Bible God appeared before many men who were not instantly killed by his presence?

to the anonymous post - God never appeared before men in his glory,  he appeared in only small fractions, I.E. The burning bush. He always appeared as Jesus or as an angel. In the new testament Jesus appears to men as a man. We can fall at the feet of Jesus and feel no shame, we can look into his eyes and fear not of death, but of everlasting life. There is only one thing that God Hates sin (Psalm 5:4-6, Psalm 11:5, Psalm 45:7, Leviticus 20:23{from The Lord himself} and many more.) so therefore he cannot have a sinful folly in his presence, for he will cast it out. God, The father, was to rid the world of all sin, but jesus, the son, tells him "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do. - Luke 23:34